• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
Also, I think it would be a mistake to take it as a given that India would be heavy favorites against Australia if they toured now.

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
I think we’d get destroyed if we toured Australia and England without Bumrah and Pant right now tbh. We’d definitely be more competitive than they would when touring India though.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Regular
I much prefer you explaining why.
It's so presumptive based on basically nothing of substance? It's one thing to say X team is more/heavily favoured at home but given England's lack of competition with similar players away from home in India and Aus before Stokes and McCullum doesn't suggest that it should be taken for granted the same way India winning at home has become. The rest of the post is basically of the same flavour as well, so I called it seriously braindead.

Socerer 01

International Captain
India now is not the same as India two years ago IMO and they are facing different opposition. They will surely lose in England against Stokes team. So India now can only win in Aus, SL and WI away, and they can't play in Pak.

Stokes team will also be backed to win away in WI, Pak, SL, NZ and SA IMO. They have more all-round strength than India in that they can succeed in the SC and swinging conditions. Maybe I am in the minority, but I would back Stokes team to put a tough fight even in Australia, possibly even squeak a draw.

Australia can win away in WI, NZ, and Pak and likely SA. If they can beat England away they should get the edge since to me they seem a superior team based on player quality.
i aspire to have the flexibility to perform this level of mental gymnastics

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not sure why Australia are considered a serious option.

It's India for now but England have obviously improved since they last had tough series against the best sides so we'll see how that plays out.
India were DEMOLISHED when they came to England

Socerer 01

International Captain
Was one Test rescheduled.
that wasn’t a demolishment either. India had over a 100 run lead at the end of the 1st innings and at that point looked like they might win

this was despite having a stand-in captain and missing 2 of their top 3 batsmen in that series

another reason to not rate India as the best other than current batting lineup is the coach. Dravid has been utterly ****

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
that wasn’t a demolishment either. India had over a 100 run lead at the end of the 1st innings and at that point looked like they might win

this was despite having a stand-in captain and missing 2 of their top 3 batsmen in that series

another reason to not rate India as the best other than current batting lineup is the coach. Dravid has been utterly ****
Bro we won by seven wickets that’s a demolition.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
can’t be an England fan if you don’t overhype an achievement apparently :ph34r:
It was a thrashing, simple as

Your argument to the contrary is like Liverpool claiming Real Madrid didn’t thrash them on Tuesday. For the non-football - Liverpool raced to a 2-0 lead only to ultimately succumb to a 5-2 humiliation. Very similar.

Slifer

International Captain
India now is not the same as India two years ago IMO and they are facing different opposition. They will surely lose in England against Stokes team. So India now can only win in Aus, SL and WI away, and they can't play in Pak.

Stokes team will also be backed to win away in WI, Pak, SL, NZ and SA IMO. They have more all-round strength than India in that they can succeed in the SC and swinging conditions. Maybe I am in the minority, but I would back Stokes team to put a tough fight even in Australia, possibly even squeak a draw.

Australia can win away in WI, NZ, and Pak and likely SA. If they can beat England away they should get the edge since to me they seem a superior team based on player quality.
Subs, you're conveniently forgetting that despite all the times England have been heavy favorites, they've won exactly one series in the WI in my lifetime. Also, head to head, India drew in England, yet England has a snow ball's chance in hell of winning in India.

India is competitive in all series away, likely winning everywhere but Rsa, nz and eng. England will be embarrassed if they played in Australia and india right now. Hell, they might struggle to win in bangladesh, again. And yeah, things have changed which is why against current nz and current rsa with a fit Bumrah, Shami and an improving away jadeja/Ashwin I'd give India even odds to win or draw.

Slifer

International Captain
Also, I think it would be a mistake to take it as a given that India would be heavy favorites against Australia if they toured now.
I wouldn't say heavy favorites but they won't receive a 4-0, 5-0 or whatever other embarrassing scoreline England constantly receives.

subshakerz

International Coach
Not sure why Australia are considered a serious option.

It's India for now but England have obviously improved since they last had tough series against the best sides so we'll see how that plays out.
The same India last year that couldn't close two series in England and SA that were handed to them on platters. The same India that falls apart in NZ while Australia and England coast there.

Every time India's stock fall, they have a round of home series to make them seem like a better team than they are.