• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
No. of Test series won by Pak in AUS =0
No. of Test series won by Pak in SA = 0
No. of Test series won by Pak in WI = 1

We know how fearsome Pakistani fast bowlers are . You don’t need to write about them in every 3rd sentence of yours .
If Imran, Wasim, Waqar come together it will be a Nuclear Explosion

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
90 Overs a Day
Imran Khan - 16 Overs (Right arm Fast)
Wasim Akram - 18 Overs (Left arm Fast)
Waqar Younis - 16 Overs (Right arm Fast)
Saqlain Mushtaq - 22 Overs (Right arm Offbreak)
Mushtaq Ahmed - 18 Overs (Legbreak Googly)

Its not easy for any Team to survive a day against this Bowling Attack

Coronis

International Coach
Lets have an imaginary tournament and see.
I’m sorry I can’t imagine that.

The English ATG XI

Hutton *
Hobbs
Hammond
Root
Compton
Botham
Knott +
Laker
Trueman
Underwood
Barnes
I really can’t get behind this XI - specifically the inclusion of Compton. (and Root to a lesser degree) Ideally I’d have Sutcliffe (with Hutton bumped to 3) and Barrington in there.

Sutcliffe is easily the best and I want that top 4 with the clear top 4 English batsmen. Root can be compared to Barrington, though imo Barrington wins comfortably and Compton is massively overrated imo. Average of 36 away is pathetic. Notable players with better away averages include Jayawardene, Walcott, Hayden, Clarke, Kohli, Hussey, Samaraweera, Sehwag, MoYo etc. Notable players with worse away averages include Sharma and Warner…

Sunil1z

International Regular
90 Overs a Day
Imran Khan - 16 Overs (Right arm Fast)
Wasim Akram - 18 Overs (Left arm Fast)
Waqar Younis - 16 Overs (Right arm Fast)
Saqlain Mushtaq - 22 Overs (Right arm Offbreak)
Mushtaq Ahmed - 18 Overs (Legbreak Googly)

Its not easy for any Team to survive a day against this Bowling Attack
Didn’t AUS 90s Team beat Pak of 90s with Wasim/Waqar/Saqlain/Mushtaq/Shoaib 4 times consecutively in 4 Test series ( 95/96, 98,99, 2002) ?

You think inclusion of Imran will automatically do some magic ?

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Didn’t AUS 90s Team beat Pak of 90s with Wasim/Waqar/Saqlain/Mushtaq/Shoaib 4 times consecutively in 4 Test series ( 95/96, 98,99, 2002) ?

You think inclusion of Imran will automatically do some magic ?
Imran's Leadership will definitely improve the results and remember that Pakistan was very strong in 70s, 80s and 90s despite all the politics, corruption, Match fixing and ball tampering scandals.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
You should also not forget that there are 2 different type of Spinners in this Team that makes other teams have sleepless nights.

They also have all Pakistan Star Batsmen Anwar, Hanif, Younis, Inzamam, Miandad so its a formidable side.

Coronis

International Coach
You should also not forget that there are 2 different type of Spinners in this Team that makes other teams have sleepless nights.

They also have all Pakistan Star Batsmen Anwar, Hanif, Younis, Inzamam, Miandad so its a formidable side.
You should also not forget that other teams have better star batsmen and just as good/better attacks.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
New Ball will be given to Imran and Wasim, 3rd bowler will be Waqar followed by Off spin-Leg spin combo of Mushtaq's its a deadly Bowling lineup which doesn't rely on Part time bowlers.