• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Flametree

International 12th Man
I remember Coney waving a white flag to Kapil Dev once. Wonder if Wagner has a white handkerchief in his pocket....

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
I don't think Wagnerball works so well when there's only 3 seamers to begin with. Pretty much means there's only 2 traditional seam bowlers on a basin wicket, which just feels wrong.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is just sad. I don’t even have the heart to trot out the “Stop! Stop! He’s already dead!” meme.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Surely Wagner's selection is untenable now.

The Sri Lanka series might jsut be 'low profile' enough for NZ to debut Shipley or Smith, but I think we'll just see Tickner slot back in in his place

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone with any sense could see Wagner was done a year ago. It should never have reached this point.
The selectors did see it, they left Wagner out for the first 2 tests of the England series and if it hadn’t been for KJ’s injury I doubt he would’ve played another test. Unfortunately when KJ went down rather than starting afresh they went with the conservative option of banking on experience.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The selectors did see it, they left Wagner out for the first 2 tests of the England series and if it hadn’t been for KJ’s injury I doubt he would’ve played another test. Unfortunately when KJ went down rather than starting afresh they went with the conservative option of bringing him back.
I would have picked him for the first Test of this series tbh, especially if we're to assume Boult wasn't an option (I know he wasn't even asked, but he might have said no anyway - we don't know). Obviously shouldn't have played this one though.

Howsie

International Captain
So is Stead
Anyone with any sense could see Wagner was done a year ago. It should never have reached this point.
I’ve long given up posting about Stead and his absolute incompetence, I mean it’s been going on for 3 years now. But is anyone surprised Wagner hasn’t been moved on? Stead along with Larsen have been ‘loyal’ to an absolute joke. Until Wagner hangs them up he’ll keep getting picked if he makes himself available