• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
Yeah but if Australia played every other team right now I'm confident in saying they'd likely win in RSA, WI, and NZ. Lose or draw in England, lose in India and we already saw them beat and draw vs Pakistan and Sri Lanka respectively. That's not bad because India would likely have a similar up and down record as well.
draw in bangladesh too prolly.

Ind would have a superior record simply cause Ind would likely win in Bang, SL, WI and Pak (All would probably be whitewashes too) and have already won in Aus and drawn in England.

Pavel

Cricket Spectator
I thought this stat was pretty interesting.

1676843935174.png

Not bad for someone who was ridiculed and nicknamed Nohit.

Slifer

International Captain

Ind would have a superior record simply cause Ind would likely win in Bang, SL, WI and Pak (All would probably be whitewashes too) and have already won in Aus and drawn in England.
I already stated India are the best team going around. What exactly are you disagreeing with me about.??

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
I already stated India are the best team going around. What exactly are you disagreeing with me about.??
the fact that they would have "similar" records.

also their winning in SA is not a given. I could see SA upsetting them on spicy pitches.

Slifer

International Captain
the fact that they would have "similar" records.

also their winning in SA is not a given. I could see SA upsetting them on spicy pitches.
My conclusions aren't that farfetched. Australia has lost exactly one series in RSA since re admission. And spicy wkts or not, their current team is no match for Australia. You stated India would likely white wash all of SL, India, PAKISTAN, and WI away. While it's probably likely as well, it's no more set in stone than my assessments.

I said India would likely have a similar up and down record away, meaning they'd lose some, win some and maybe draw some. They'd lose to Nz and RSA away, and draw or lose in England. And beat wi, sl, and maybe Pakistan. That's an up and down record.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Australia are winning in Bangladesh

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
My conclusions aren't that farfetched. Australia has lost exactly one series in RSA since re admission. And spicy wkts or not, their current team is no match for Australia. You stated India would likely white wash all of SL, India, PAKISTAN, and WI away. While it's probably likely as well, it's no more set in stone than my assessments.

I said India would likely have a similar up and down record away, meaning they'd lose some, win some and maybe draw some. They'd lose to Nz and RSA away, and draw or lose in England. And beat wi, sl, and maybe Pakistan. That's an up and down record.
It is more set in stone simply because India have already whitewashed three of those teams away last tour. And Pakistan keeps losing to teams like WI and SL as well as NZ, Eng and Aus at home - matchups which Indian win heavily each time.

Aus's wins against SA post readmission had to do with them having one of their greatest teams of all time.

They lost last time 1-3. Saying that Aus will win in SA cause they beat them at home is like saying Ind would have beat SA in 2022 cause they beat them even harder in 2019 at home but they lost that series. Similarly Aus can lose in SA considering that a lot of players in the current team are the ones who were there in 2018.

The chances of both Aus and Ind winning in SA away is the same. You can't say that Aus will defeat SA with confidence and that Ind will lose to SA. In fact, India without Rohit and Jadeja lost 1-2 and even in the lost matches the first innings scores were almost level (3rd test India had a lead).

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
Saying that Aus would win in SA and Bang when they haven't won their last series there is dumb. I'm pretty sure most ppl post the Pak win were expecting Aus to be better in SL and Ind than they actually have been even though they lost their last series there 0-3 and 1-2 back in 2016 and 2017.
Also I'm guessing people were expecting Aus to beat Ind in 2020-21 even though Ind had won in 2018-19.

You can't say with any surety that a team will win where they haven't last time unless they actually do. You could say that India could win in SA in 2023 and NZ whenever they tour cause of these two team's relative weakening but that would be dumb cause India didn't win there in their last tours.

Slifer

International Captain
Saying that Aus would win in SA and Bang when they haven't won their last series there is dumb. I'm pretty sure most ppl post the Pak win were expecting Aus to be better in SL and Ind than they actually have been even though they lost their last series there 0-3 and 1-2 back in 2016 and 2017.
Also I'm guessing people were expecting Aus to beat Ind in 2020-21 even though Ind had won in 2018-19.

You can't say with any surety that a team will win where they haven't last time unless they actually do. You could say that India could win in SA in 2023 and NZ whenever they tour cause of these two team's relative weakening but that would be dumb cause India didn't win there in their last tours.
Show me where I said it was set in stone with any of my assessments. The fact remains that away vs all teams, India will likely win a few series, lose a few and possibly draw a few. Australia would likely do the same. That's what up and down means.

Is India going to win more away series than Australia maybe, maybe not. Don't know why you're so hung up on semantics.

Slifer

International Captain
Then you're going to use examples such as Australia losing last time in RSA so they're unlikely to win now. And who even mentioned Bangladesh?
But for schitts and giggles let's use Bangladesh. They white washed wi at home in 2018 then three years later, they themselves got white washed at home vs WI. Australia are miles better than WI. So no reason Australia can't do to/in Bangladesh what WI did in 2021.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
Then you're going to use examples such as Australia losing last time in RSA so they're unlikely to win now. And who even mentioned Bangladesh?
But for schitts and giggles let's use Bangladesh. They white washed wi at home in 2018 then three years later, they themselves got white washed at home vs WI. Australia are miles better than WI. So no reason Australia can't do to/in Bangladesh what WI did in 2021.
WI are a different team. Direct transitivity does not apply in cricket.

WI play spin in Asia better. when they were in Ind in 2018, their lowest score was 127. Australia has already scored lower than that twice this tour. They also managed a 300+ score.

SA controls their home pitches so there won't be any MCG/SCG style flat pitches where they know they can't outbat Australia. So you'll have Gabba type pitches where with the luck of toss and one good innings, you can win. And who is to say Aus won't have injuries like Ind did with Jadeja/Rohit/Siraj in 2022.

Slifer

International Captain
WI are a different team. Transitivity does not apply in cricket.

WI play spin in Asia better. when they were in Ind in 2018, their lowest score was 127. Australia has already scored lower than that twice this tour. They also managed a 300+ score.

SA controls their home pitches so there won't be any MCG/SCG style flat pitches where they know they can't outbat Australia. So you'll have Gabba type pitches where with the luck of toss and one good innings, you can win. And who is to say Aus won't have injuries like Ind did with Jadeja/Rohit/Siraj in 2022.
I'm officially done....smh

Spark

Global Moderator
And who is to say Aus won't have injuries like Ind did with Jadeja/Rohit/Siraj in 2022.
Yes it's amazing how unpredictable results can be when you arbitrarily assume the opposition won't have their best players. Stunning analysis.

Also, a different team making slightly more on different pitches four years ago is absolutely fit for direct comparison to a result that happened yesterday. Also excellent.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia would win any Test in Bangladesh because if you assume that all their best players get hit by a bus, the Bangladesh team is pretty bad. Please go to my Patreon to subscribe for more great analysis.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I've mentioned it before but the '1 test in 15' is kinda cherry picked. It starts right after 6 consecutive away test wins, one of which was in Chennai, either side of home series wins over WI and Pakistan. For the 2019-21 WTC their record was 4 series wins, 1 draw (Ashes) and 1 loss (India away).

Don't get me wrong, after the loss in WI in 2022 they were at a real low. But they had been overall pretty okay over the previous few years before the revolution.
Well said. I have heard this 1 win out of xyz tests way too often in the past 6 months, and it seemed manipulated.

I felt England were decent even prior to Bazball. They were really good at home and okay away. They only had that awful Ashes away and WI away. And everyone started rating them as though they were useless.