• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's terrible from Border but social was advocating picking Nesser over Lyon so lol
Ah no

I have never advocated dropping Lyon

Given our injuries, Neser should be our 2nd seamer but nice try at whatever you were trying to achieve :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
263 is better than I thought we'd get tbh. If we can bin off Warner and get the expected out of Smith and Marnus, suddenly there's a batting order there.
I really dont think the rest will be better than Warner. I honestly think you would be 200 or 150 all out now if not for Warner today. Seeing off the first hour matters. I agree he looks shot but your next best ain't good enough either. So.. ?‍♂

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you told me we'd score 263 at the start of the day, I'd absolutely take that. As long as we keep them under 325 we're right in this.

A wicket or two in the mini-session would help.

Spark

Global Moderator
The main unfortunate thing is the Khawaja reverse sweep. Those two definitely could have batted for quite some time yet and then we'd be looking at a score which is getting towards "imposing".

I am a little concerned that Smith made a very similar mistake to the one he made in the last game. Knowing him though that'd be enough for him to reset completely.

srbhkshk

International Captain
The main unfortunate thing is the Khawaja reverse sweep. Those two definitely could have batted for quite some time yet and then we'd be looking at a score which is getting towards "imposing".

I am a little concerned that Smith made a very similar mistake to the one he made in the last game. Knowing him though that'd be enough for him to reset completely.
He executed it okay I think, was just a really good catch, unlucky in a way.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

He got most of his runs today with those sweeps and reverse sweeps though. Gotta take risk to get the returns and he did get decent returns.

Spark

Global Moderator
He executed it okay I think, was just a really good catch, unlucky in a way.
It was just the wrong ball to play that shot, very much premeditated. He'd have been better off trying the orthodox sweep to that line, or frankly just
leaving it and banking the moral victory that he'd forced Jadeja to bowl that wide.

He got most of his runs today with those sweeps and reverse sweeps though. Gotta take risk to get the returns and he did get decent returns.
Right but the real win was that he forced Jadeja to bowl wider. Premeditating was the problem.