• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Travis Head plays (and I very much believe he should) it needs to be in the middle order

Don't think trying to meme him into an opener benifits Australia, but more importantly it really does not benefit Travis at all to be asked to perform a role that is so entirely different to what he has been doing in Test cricket, it just isn't a recipe for success in any sense

Idea is a complete non starter as far as I am concerned
Yeah if they want to drop Warner for Head, which isn't insane, Renshaw or Marnus should open.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve Smith was asked to pick between winning Ashes in England and winning BGT in India. He couldn't split them! Said it's too hard to pick one.

He was asked to pick between ODI World Cup and World Test Championship and he chose ODI World Cup.

Would Australian fans prefer to win the ODI World Cup this year over winning the World Test Championship?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steve Smith was asked to pick between winning Ashes in England and winning BGT in India. He couldn't split them! Said it's too hard to pick one.

He was asked to pick between ODI World Cup and World Test Championship and he chose ODI World Cup.

Would Australian fans prefer to win the ODI World Cup this year over winning the World Test Championship?
ODI world cup

The test championship feels kinda dumb and non existent, goes for too long and during a series I'm never thinking about the WTC points on offer or anything

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

WTC is a contrived answer to a question noone asked imo. Even just winning an away series against a strong team would be preferable, let alone the World Cup.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
WTC is a contrived answer to a question noone asked imo. Even just winning an away series against a strong team would be preferable, let alone the World Cup.
I hold the same opinion. I'd rather win a test series in England or South Africa instead of a WTC title.

social

Yep

WC is way more important to me as it’s a global competition where everyone is competing on a relatively level playing field to determine the best odi team at a particular point in time

The WTC seems like a bit of a gimmick where 2 teams who might not be in form at the time play at what’s likely to be a neutral venue that potentially favours one team more than the other

Personally rank the BGT above both as far as Australia is concerned

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the start of the series I would have said that if Travis Head plays it has to be as an opener.

But after seeing how bad the rest of them played spin in the middle-order that has definitely changed. He can't do any worse.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
For India this year, my order of priority is this-

1. Winning Border Gavaskar Series
2. Winning in South Africa at last
3. ODI World Cup
4. WTC Title

Would absolutely hate losing BGT
Would be really unhappy to lose or draw vs SA. These two are must win.

World Cup is going to be difficult so don't have big expectations. WTC title would be nice but winning BGT is clearly much more important.

social

3. ODI World Cup
4. WTC Title

World Cup is going to be difficult so don't have big expectations. WTC title would be nice but winning BGT is clearly much more important.
Apart from the Kiwis, I seriously doubt that too many neutrals gave NZ much credit for beating India in a one off test in Southhampton

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
In fact, once India have won a WTC title, I wouldn't even care about winning the next WTC title. It's like ticking off a milestone. Win once and won't have same desire for it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Crazy cognitive disconnect knowing that Travis Head turned the corner or at least became hot property in Aus cricket over the last year only to be left out for the likes of Renshaw and Handscomb. It's like a triangle of rejects.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from the Kiwis, I seriously doubt that too many neutrals gave NZ much credit for beating India in a one off test in Southhampton
Partly because the conditions were so much like those in NZ. And NZ had played a series vs ENG just prior. Plus won the toss on a green top. So all odds were stacked in favor of them. Moreover because of extensive rain, the only result possible for India was a draw tbh. So the only thing India should've done was draw that match by batting 2-2.5 sessions on final day.

If India had drawn, would it have meant anything though? A drawn WTC title is nothing compared to winning it. So in a way it is good that a team won.

Chrish

International Debutant
Don’t care about WTC tbh. I mean I would care if it were a series of at least 3 games. Deciding it on one game is bull****..

And I would rather win series in SA than winning next series in Australia tbh.. I know SA are at pretty low point; but it stings not having won over there at least once; especially the last series physically hurt..

R!TTER

State Regular
The test championship feels kinda dumb and non existent, goes for too long and during a series I'm never thinking about the WTC points on offer or anything
And why do the Poms always get to host it? Make it 2.5 years long & host it in a true "neutral venue" either down South or the northern Hemisphere!
Don’t care about WTC tbh. I mean I would care if it were a series of at least 3 games. Deciding it on one game is bull****..
Yup just a cash grab by the ICC, if I were BCCI I'd let them know what BS it's like currently!

duffer

3. ODI World Cup
4. WTC Title

The thought of losing any of these is unbearable. Must win them all