• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Shady Slim

International Coach
Well beats my Jan 30 but I don't remember you doing so, so therefore you actually didn't.
if i was kommisar for a day the team would be probably

Head
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Renshaw
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Murphmentum

it will not be that

thus my more "pragmatic" hoped team is the scg team minus hazlewood and agar for starc and the murph; zampa is my third spinner i would take, after lyon and murphy second, but we already know agar is touring and i fear swepson will be their third pick. we won't get a team close to that which i would pick lol
lol there's (somehow) every chance the next test lineup is this but handscomb instead of renshaw

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
This has to be Warner's last chance. Total farce if not.

He averages 16.95 away since the ball tampering ban. Rajendra Chandrika areas.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay, I will have a crack at picking Australia

I think that people have to be realistic and assume that Warner won’t be dropped, Haze is definitely out, Starc unlikely while Green will have a diminished role if any

However, it’s a forum so I will select whoever I want

Uzi - probably closer to being dropped than Warner if truth be known
Smith - arguably the 2nd best player ever & it won’t be a green top so just get him in as he’s probably going to score plenty wherever
Marnus
Head - alternate lefty with righty plus we need his bowling
Handscomb - didn’t agree with his selection but he’s better than Renshaw & a righty
Carey
Green - really torn here as he’s too valuable long term to risk another injury & unlikely to have much impact in field or with bat. Neser should be in this position but…
Agar - literally bits & pieces but we need batting depth and he adds bowling variety
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

Prediction: we’re screwed anyway

social

Gotta play Starc instead of Agar though
He’s nowhere near being fit

Yesterday was the first time that he’s tried a proper grip

Until now, Starc has been bowling with a splint on his injured middle finger and gripping the ball with his index & ring finger:laugh:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It sounds like Australia will play-

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Handscomb
Carey
Green
Agar or other left arm spinner
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

Starc is not quite ready. Green is a bit closer to fitness so they will take a risk with his finger to allow themselves to play 3 spinners!

social

It sounds like Australia will play-

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Handscomb
Carey
Green
Agar or other left arm spinner
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

Starc is not quite ready. Green is a bit closer to fitness so they will take a risk with his finger to allow themselves to play 3 spinners!
Green is nowhere close to fitness as he hasn’t been allowed to face a quick bowler or practice slips catching since December

They’re desperate so might pick him but he, Starc & Haze should probably be back in Australia

The Hazelwood situation seems very strange

They knew he was injured and selected him anyway

No chance for first 2 tests and can’t play back to back so best case scenario now is that he plays 3rd test & goes home

Arachnodouche

International Captain
What an ugly ground the Kotla is...regardless of what they're calling it these days. Should be given a raspberry for the most hideous pavilion stand in the world, plastered with paan masala and chaddi baniyan ads :sick:

Sunil1z

International Regular
What an ugly ground the Kotla is...regardless of what they're calling it these days. Should be given a raspberry for the most hideous pavilion stand in the world, plastered with paan masala and chaddi baniyan ads :sick:
Well the city itself is hideous except Delhi Metro and Lutyens Zone .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Haters can suck it etc.

LMAO