• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson has a great chance to improve on his surprisingly poor record in NZ conditions.

Reactions: FBU

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interestingly poised. If we were 1 down we'd be on top, 2 all square, so 3 puts England ahead.
Strongly disagree with that, I'd have said even 35/0 would be square since NZ would still be 300 behind, and the fact we score at about half the rate England do, we wouldn't be much more than 190 going into the last session tomorrow, if we made it that far.

At 37/3, England miles on top.

One saving grace for NZ is this is a 2 and not 3 match series.

Meridio

International Regular
A lot riding on Conway here, and probably Blundell too given his good form recently. I think this was a well under par score from England given the wicket, but it's definitely done a lot more under lights... though our bowling attack being so poor probably exacerbated that difference, it looked pretty flat (if slow) during the day. I think it will spin quite a bit later in the test too, so will be interesting with us batting last.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still not really having pink ball tests in New Zealand, looks weird.

Did mean getting to watch that session rather than the inevitable Mitchell and Blundell tomorrow though so it is not all bad.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Nicholls is a waste of space at the moment but the form Young has been in don't know if he'd actually make that much of a difference. I suppose one way of dealing with a selection problem is to simply pretend it doesn't exist.]

Have to hope Mitchell and Blundell can repeat their heroics from the last England series, otherwise this isn't looking good. Pretty amazing how much the side has come to depend on Conway across formats.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I know we get carried away, but this post is fair. Not a forward thinking, genuine quality person/professional amongst them.
In terms of the Nicholls dismissal Fleming, Gower, McMillan all seemed to agree it was a good piece of bowling and not much he could have done differently?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
See Spark has dumped highlights packages from the 2020/21 and winter 2021 seasons. Shame I was looking forward to strolling through the memories of that brief glorious period when NZ could rest half of their best players and still thump England without breaking a sweat.

daddy pig enjoyer

Cricket Spectator
This Bazball strategy of “taking several of your opponent’s key wickets cheaply during the first session of their innings” might seems superficially attractive. But you have to wonder whether it’s really good for test cricket…

subshakerz

International Coach
This Bazball strategy of “taking several of your opponent’s key wickets cheaply during the first session of their innings” might seems superficially attractive. But you have to wonder whether it’s really good for test cricket…
How come no other team has thought of that?

Molehill

International Captain
Good day for England, but still can't get my head round some of the dismissals. Does Root really need to play Bazball? Can't he just do his normal thing and all the others Bazball around him? He scores at about an 60 SR anyway, no need to do the other stuff.