• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Border would drop the guy who took all the wickets in the last match and use 3-3.5 bowlers? Idiot. The again we are talking about a man whose main strategy was to flog the fast bowlers into the ground.

I genuinely thought his career was basically over last summer. Was just so bad
By last summer do you mean the season just gone or the one before?

Sunil1z

International Regular
I used to like Lyon you know

But he's going to be remembered as amateurish compared to Ashwin. Where Ashwin has changed and adapted over the years and kept a high standard for himself, Lyon has only changed and adapted to having a second family.
You all will be eating humble pie soon

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't remember him looking that bad against England. I thought he looked shocking the home season just gone yet he still somehow averaged 23.
Didn't need to do much against England though and when he was needed he didnt do anything either. He hasn't tried to improve or develop in years and too easily reverts to bowling way too straight on the hips

Gob

International Coach
Apparently Ashton was menacing when he bowled on the centre wicket at Nagpur after the last game

One of the left arm spin bowlers has to play really

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of left-arm spin bowlers, why do we have Vettori consulting on anything? He has a shocking record as a coach.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hang on a minute, that idea was exclusively run up the flagpole by The Burgey team. Stocks in ShadySlim.plagiarism Inc are plummeting aws