• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Looks pretty flat to me, but if the Aussies are concerned about BCCI doing everything to sabotage their preparations they will probably find demons in it. Traditionally Kotla is one of the flattest surfaces in India, but typically slow - that is why it's hard to beat us here. Like I said somewhere else, the key for us not losing as many tests at home is the pace off the pitch & most games we've lost in the last 2-3 decades have been where pacers have done the bulk of the job. Like 2000 SA/2004 Oz/2012 Eng series losses, or the pitch has had exaggerated turn & bounce!

Not to go by above stats because we do not know which track Curator decides to open on Feb 17-21

"After all, BCCI control everything but toss"-- Chandimal

If aus bats last Smith gets more panic than all other

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Contrary to previous reports, it looks like Green may play and Starc may not.
In that case,

Khawaja
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Handscomb
Carey
Green
Cummins
Lyon
Kuhnemann
Murphy

Idk batting looks a bit light.

Still there are doubts around Green as he is yet to face a fast bowler with 1 day to go.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I am quite sure that there will be assistance for pace bowlers in the morning session/s.

So losing the toss and bowling 1st is not the worst outcome. It should be fine for either team.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Green winced in pain a few times while facing throw downs but was okay otherwise.

If Australia take a gamble and play him (which is looking like a possibility now), I think he will end up injured again.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Warner has a huge fan following in India. So many people wanted to have photograph with him at Delhi airport.

slippy888

International Captain
In recent times you have to say all Australian test match pitches have been true and gives help to all the bowlers, and batsman have a chance to score runs if good enough.