• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Read recently Stead saying he misses CDG and hard to replace him. I guess the problem is not having a sight on the future and not having provided opportunities to incumbents when CDG was not available due to injury for quite some time. I see England side and they have built up a good bench strength and so has India. High chances they'll bring yet another 30+ player (I'm ok with any age) but then either the player will be on the brink of retirement within two, three years or will jump the ship as soon as t20 opportunity overseas arises. Our pitiful contract system doesn't allow the ageing players to choose country over cash unfortunately.

Domestic contracts are not good enough either to retain them. We pay 500 dollars for a super smash game. If there was minimum wage in professional cricket nzc would have been tried in courts ?

Come to think of it, on an average the entire team's paying purse is under $75k for a full season of super smash, the marquee tourney in a season. Only domestic tournament on TV. That's a shocker. Don't tell me they pay retainers to domestic cricketers, that existed even before the super smash came about and the value of that remains the same.

What's our CEOs, CTOs, marketing agents doing? It's impacting our cricket right now and imagine the state in 5 years time.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
So is Ferret Face not playing? I thought he'd be available for home tests or something like that?
That'll be highly unlikely, it'll be like walking on egg shells. Setting a trend like that will pose a huge challenge going forward. What stops from others doing the same? Everyone in the team is supposed to be equals despite the obvious differences in ability.

Howsie

International Captain
Read recently Stead saying he misses CDG and hard to replace him. I guess the problem is not having a sight on the future and not having provided opportunities to incumbents when CDG was not available due to injury for quite some time. I see England side and they have built up a good bench strength and so has India. High chances they'll bring yet another 30+ player (I'm ok with any age) but then either the player will be on the brink of retirement within two, three years or will jump the ship as soon as t20 opportunity overseas arises. Our pitiful contract system doesn't allow the ageing players to choose country over cash unfortunately.

Domestic contracts are not good enough either to retain them. We pay 500 dollars for a super smash game. If there was minimum wage in professional cricket nzc would have been tried in courts ?

Come to think of it, on an average the entire team's paying purse is under $75k for a full season of super smash, the marquee tourney in a season. Only domestic tournament on TV. That's a shocker. Don't tell me they pay retainers to domestic cricketers, that existed even before the super smash came about and the value of that remains the same.

What's our CEOs, CTOs, marketing agents doing? It's impacting our cricket right now and imagine the state in 5 years time.
Can thank the equal pay crap for that. Instead of paying the men what that should be they have handed it out to the women to look “good and progressive”

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can thank the equal pay crap for that. Instead of paying the men what that should be they have handed it out to the women to look “good and progressive”
T20 leagues are more lucrative and anyone concerned about their financial future will look to make hay in a sport where you're lucky to have a paying gig beyond age 35. It's as true now as it was when Bond et al risked their international gigs by taking an ICL pay day. Gender equality has **** all to do with it.

OnTheBank

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How is an uncapped Kuggeleijn a better option that Dougy Bracewell. Bracewell is the third highest wicket taker, Kuggeleijn averaged 60+ with the ball this season... Kuggeleijn also averages fewer runs with the bat.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
How is an uncapped Kuggeleijn a better option that Dougy Bracewell. Bracewell is the third highest wicket taker, Kuggeleijn averaged 60+ with the ball this season... Kuggeleijn also averages fewer runs with the bat.
Might be due to geography - getting to the ground to be 12th man.