• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Given I've seen lots of debutants/rookies do actually better than regular spinners, me at least? Elgar, Clarke, Root, SoK, Tahir, Krejza, Boje just to name a few. Green's definitely not a better pacer than Boland & generally very few rookie pacers do well in India, among the ones that I have know of only the true ATG ones like Marshall, Walsh, Mcgrath, Steyn, Akram etc. So no Green would likely have not been more penetrative than Boland. They need a wicket taker & for me Green wouldn't be better in that regard. What they really needed was Cummins & Lyon to step up!
The best bowlers have off days sometimes , even more reason to have 5 bowlers ..I agree Boland is better than Green , but having Green and Boland is better than just Boland cause my argument is having 5 bowlers , Boland bowled a beautiful spell on day 2 where he was stringing up dots ..with Cummins and Lyon on an off day maybe Green with his accuracy would have cleaned up , just like he did when he got a 5for vs South Africa..plus having someone else who can bowl for a period of time would have meant Cummins and lyon would not have had to bowl so much on their off days or atleast freshen things up a bit .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something to consider for Aus is neither Cummins nor Boland swing it much. You get a short amount of time to make hay with the new ball here and you probably need someone who can shift it through the air.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keep thinking that Marnus luck will eventually turn for the worse but it never does

Fine player but incredibly jammy

Burgey

**** I hate it when Warner stands there and giggles. Don’t laugh ****, get angry and slog a few ffs

social

Something to consider for Aus is neither Cummins nor Boland swing it much. You get a short amount of time to make hay with the new ball here and you probably need someone who can shift it through the air.
Neser was a bad omission as he’s a virtual Shami clone plus he can bat a bit

R!TTER

State Regular
The best bowlers have off days sometimes , even more reason to have 5 bowlers ..I agree Boland is better than Green , but having Green and Boland is better than just Boland cause my argument is having 5 bowlers , Boland bowled a beautiful spell on day 2 where he was stringing up dots ..with Cummins and Lyon on an off day maybe Green with his accuracy would have cleaned up , just like he did when he got a 5for vs South Africa..plus having someone else who can bowl for a period of time would have meant Cummins and lyon would not have had to bowl so much on their off days or atleast freshen things up a bit .
That's the key point, I also think Oz have lost this game in the head before even a ball was bowled. They need to do a lot better in the second & ideally win it to have a chance in this series, it'd be 4-zip or 3-zip otherwise.

social

Kohli used to be a top fielder

Judging by his catching & batting, his eyes might have gone

Burgey

Neser was a bad omission as he’s a virtual Shami clone plus he can bat a bit
Yeah I don’t know why the squad wasn’t bigger given the injuries a lot of blokes carried across. Makes no sense limiting the options the way they have

Daemon

This is beyond a joke now. Kohli’s had a worse game than the Aussie openers and they’ve got 9 runs between them in 4 innings.

Get him out of the ****ing cordon it’s been bleedingly obvious for years now

anil1405

International Captain
I understand Rohit is the skipper and might not want to field in slips but have Pujara at first slip and penalise Kohli by putting him under the helmet in the firing line.

Burgey

You’d think he would actually move himself from there. He’s a good ground fielder and quick across the park.