• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Ashes have the unfortunate drawback of being almost unwatchably dull and predictable half the time. Hopefully England's bazball nonsense lets them compete a bit this time.
This is true for the most part. Though 2019 was a really good series. The ones in England are often more competitive I suppose, because the Poms' natural inferiority is somewhat militated by playing at home.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Australian lower order will contain 4 genuine 10/11s if Murphy plays instead of Agar

Might as well pick a couple more bowlers and go full NSW
Cummins is a #10 now? Lyons also a #9, just gets stuck at 10 cause starc+cummins

halba

International 12th Man
Khawaja
Warner
Labu
Smith
Head
Handscomb
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy
Boland

Is pretty much confirmed
Very weak tail. If the top order falls cheaply scores like under 100, doable.
Agar has been dropped for the poor scg audition. Renshaw is not preferred as he's a left handed and already so many.

Burgey

Cummins batting has been junk for a while tbh. I wonder if they're thinking of running with Carey at six, Agar at seven, including Murphy and playing Cummins with the new rock partnered by Marnus in the role of Stan McCabe.

OverratedSanity

This is true for the most part. Though 2019 was a really good series. The ones in England are often more competitive I suppose, because the Poms' natural inferiority is somewhat militated by playing at home.
That's exactly what I mean by half the time. The ones in England are competitive and usually fun, the ones in Australia usually one sided rubbish. Watching the poms get smashed is fun when it's Johnson running through them I suppose, but stuff like the 2017 ashes bored me to tears. Might be one of the most forgettable high profile series ever.

halba

International 12th Man
Cummins batting has been junk for a while tbh. I wonder if they're thinking of running with Carey at six, Agar at seven, including Murphy and playing Cummins with the new rock partnered by Marnus in the role of Stan McCabe.
That might be a feasible idea as you get an extra batsman. One seamer only. The wicket looks really dry.

The loss of a world class all rounder in Green is huge especially as his bowling form was near a perfect score.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's exactly what I mean by half the time. The ones in England are competitive and usually fun, the ones in Australia usually one sided rubbish. Watching the poms get smashed is fun when it's Johnson running through them I suppose, but stuff like the 2017 ashes bored me to tears. Might be one of the most forgettable high profile series ever.
I must admit I've forgotten 90% of what happened in that series

Burgey

That might be a feasible idea as you get an extra batsman. One seamer only. The wicket looks really dry.

The loss of a world class all rounder in Green is huge especially as his bowling form was near a perfect score.
Yeah if Green was fit they could have played Carey, Agar, Cummins, Lyon and Murphy. As good as could be hoped for in the conditions I guess.

Spark

Global Moderator
4-0 Australia. Was in all the papers.
Oh I remember the dumb cardboard cut our fingers they did at the end of the series. And the MCG rolling out a deck that would still be batting friendly up to the present day.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The noises from the camp really seem to indicate that they want to throw Murphy in which I did not expect at all.
Considering we've seen their pitch preparation I don't like the idea of going in without a spinner turning it from right to left.

Unfortunately Kuhnemann is still in Australia.

Burgey

Haha I had suppressed the cardboard cut out fingers from my memory. With good reason.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cummins is a #10 now? Lyons also a #9, just gets stuck at 10 cause starc+cummins
Cummins has made one score above 30 in the last 3 years and that was in a score of over 500

Lyon is a genuine 10 while Boland & Murphy are complete bunnies

That’s bad