• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's been a pretty decent build up to what's usually a **** fight of a series on here, and I'm very disappointed someone has usurped my right to fire the first shot. ****s.

ChudLubber

Cricket Spectator
^Yeah it really is. Pierson is probably the best gloveman in Australia. The Tory Bootlicker's keeping is pretty ordinary tbh.
There isn't really evidence to support that, they have basically the same record. Inglis is the younger of the two. pretty obvious pick.

Burgey

Have you seen Inglis keep compared with Pierson? Come on. The latter is a mile in front.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Feel sympathy for you. Either had to own what you said or dump and run from it like a yelping mongrel.
More bigoted nonsense as usual. Good talking to you Harp on whatever lies you want about me if that is what is needed to make you feel good about yourself. I am out.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The lack of a reserve keeper in the Aus squad is something which has done my head in for this tour. The suggestion is if Carey got hurt on the morning of a test then Handscomb would keep but he's genuinely awful at it., like not even part time level, especially on decks like this. Not like there's no brass int he game these days - why Pierson didn't go over with the squad is flat our beyond me.
Inglis revealed that he’s the backup & was told that he could be in India in a day or so if needed:wacko:

Thing that does my head in is that selectors knew that 3 of our test quicks wouldn’t be fit for the first test and did absolutely nothing about it

Burgey

That'll be helpful if Carey gets hurt the day of a game. Genuinely ridiculous.

Spark

Global Moderator
Like, to all the Aussies claiming Ashes being more important than BG.

BG wins as far as the sh*tfighting stakes go. We're seeing it already.
I do actually think diehard cricket fans rate them similarly at a minimum but in terms of what matters to the broader cricket watching public it's not even close, Ashes is orders of magnitude bigger.

Spark

Global Moderator
The noises from the camp really seem to indicate that they want to throw Murphy in which I did not expect at all.

Burgey

Like, to all the Aussies claiming Ashes being more important than BG.

BG wins as far as the sh*tfighting stakes go. We're seeing it already.
tbf if you have a swing at someone and they immediately call you a bigot or a racist regardless of what you've said to them, it does tend to inflame things just a little.

Burgey

The noises from the camp really seem to indicate that they want to throw Murphy in which I did not expect at all.
Yeah, am surprised too. though tbh it's a bit of an aggressive move to pick the better bowler over a bloke who isn't as good with the ball but who has a test 90. So from that pov it suggests they're backing themselves.

duffer

tbf if you have a swing at someone and they immediately call you a bigot or a racist regardless of what you've said to them, it does tend to inflame things just a little.
Like, we're all going to fight over these 4 Tests. Guaranteed. I'm getting 08 BG thread vibes already.

social

Australian lower order will contain 4 genuine 10/11s if Murphy plays instead of Agar

Might as well pick a couple more bowlers and go full NSW

halba

International 12th Man
The selectors wasted like half the team
3 are injured. Starc, green, haze
2 useless and not test standard. Swep and Agar
1 completely not for the conditions - Morris
6 players ..I mean c'mon