• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyway, the good news about all this is I am predominately WFH the next few weeks because I have a ****ing stress fracture in my foot and am trying not to walk on it while wearing one of those ****ing boot things. This all ties in beautifully. Gonna be pissed if it's over in 2.5 days.
Is it coz of how often you have to put ur foot in your mouth? ?

Kidding. Get well soon mate and take care. ?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Got a fair bit of hide to post this after I gave you the sandwiches out of my Esky at the Greenies semi final a few years ago. WAC
clearly meant the cricket administration

that probably employs chubby morons with round framed glasses out of erskenville who take delivery of a pizza box and shake it violently before calling the shop for a refund

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing SKY would be brain dead as would doing something like making Rahul keep. Pick a proper keeper, make Rahul open instead of Gill,who needs to be kept as far away from the new ball as possible.
The lack of a reserve keeper in the Aus squad is something which has done my head in for this tour. The suggestion is if Carey got hurt on the morning of a test then Handscomb would keep but he's genuinely awful at it., like not even part time level, especially on decks like this. Not like there's no brass int he game these days - why Pierson didn't go over with the squad is flat our beyond me.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Just goes to show , how far our Test batting has fallen . In 2008 we gave roads to Australia despite them having far superior batting line up than the current Aussie Team because we believed we can beat them on normal wickets . Ishant was MoS in 2008 . Ditto in 2010 .

Now we know our batting is garbage. So we are hoping to neutralise opposition batting line up too with the help of pitch .

Aus batting in 08

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Haddin

Except Smith ,I don’t think anyone from current Aussie line up will make this squad ?
Labu isn’t replacing Ponting because Ponting was Captain and he was averaging 59 till 08.

TheJediBrah

The lack of a reserve keeper in the Aus squad is something which has done my head in for this tour. The suggestion is if Carey got hurt on the morning of a test then Handscomb would keep but he's genuinely awful at it., like not even part time level, especially on decks like this. Not like there's no brass int he game these days - why Pierson didn't go over with the squad is flat our beyond me.
That's a weird way to spell Inglis

Sunil1z

International Regular
Weirdly strong batting line-up. Even if you take into account that Hayden was a shadow of himself.

Too bad their bowling was horrendous
That pace bowling attack was superior to current one.
Stuart Clarke was averaging 22 before the series . Lee was in red hot form . Johnson was well Johnson.
Lyon is much superior though .

Spark

Global Moderator
Think that was when Clark started to fall off the cliff though, and Lee's best while very good is merely comparable to standard Cummins, and mostly stands out relative to the mediocrity that was the bulk of his Test career.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahul-Rohit-Puj-Kohli-Gill-Jadeja-Bharat-Axar-Ashwin-Shami-Siraj vs
Warner-Khawaja-Labu-Smith-Head-Renshaw-Carey-Agar-Cummins-Boland-Lyon

should be the most probable line-ups to take the field tomorrow.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, even before seeing the pitch, it looks the Aussies were gonna play Handscomb over Renshaw. Read somewhere that he has done more close-in catching practice than Renshaw which is a decent indicator tbh.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Think that was when Clark started to fall off the cliff though, and Lee's best while very good is merely comparable to standard Cummins, and mostly stands out relative to the mediocrity that was the bulk of his Test career.
How do you think combined Aussie line up (08 and 23 ) will look like for Indian condition ?
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Cummins
Lee/ Clark
Johnson
Lyon

Spark

Global Moderator
How do you think combined Aussie line up (08 and 23 ) will look like for Indian condition ?
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Cummins
Lee/ Clark
Johnson
Lyon
You'd almost certainly pick Watson instead of Ponting and O'Keefe instead of a third quick IMO.

EDIT: Oh 2023, not 2017. Eh well I'd still not pick three quicks and Watson gets in over Ponting on batting alone.

TheJediBrah

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Cummins
Lee/ Clark
Johnson
Lyon
Dude Johnson was terrible a lot of the time

Clark is the only 1 of that 2008 team that would have a shot at making the current one on a regular basis and he's not suited at all to India
You'd almost certainly pick Watson instead of Ponting and O'Keefe instead of a third quick IMO.
O'Keefe wasn't around in 2008