• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

halba

International 12th Man
Swep and Murphy are ahead of Agar. Imho. Agar is terrible lucky to even be on this tour

Also why is lance Morris in the squad. Someone like neser could be our Shami type. Also can bat. Morris hasn't even played a test in Australia, why would he be picked here on spinning tracks. Total worst conditions for Morris. An English pitch would be ideal conditions for Morris not Indian.

Selectors have clearly erred wasting a couple of spots.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf, there is a small chance they are doing this coz that side of the pitch is softer. Earlier games here had SLAs running through lineups.

Or maybe it's something we don't know and they are pros who know what they are doing. At this point, it's funny it's lookigime this right now, but i would reserve judgement of the pitch till the game actually begins.
This can't be the case since the left side is not watered on both sides of the pitch. But we will have to wait and see till the game begins.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swep and Murphy are ahead of Agar. Imho. Agar is terrible lucky to even be on this tour
If the deck is going to be worse for LHBs owing to rough, Agar will be miles more effective than Murphy. Just dump it in there around leg stump and turn it across the right handers, making them play against whatever turn he gets. .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Also why is lance Morris in the squad. Someone like neser could be our Shami type. Also can bat.
I am more afraid of Agar than Swepson or Murphy. I am hoping that Swepson/Murphy play instead of him.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Jeez his batting has fallen off a cliff since he took over as skipper.
With both Starc and Green out, I think Australia are more likely to take Agar instead of the other spinners to avoid Cummins batting at 8 and having a lengthy tail.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Look forward to the 30cm wide unmown landing strip we serve up to India next time at the Gabba.
calm down australia doesn't even know ho to serve sandwiches to our boys when they train

this is too big an ask for the dumb ****s

halba

International 12th Man
If the deck is going to be worse for LHBs owing to rough, Agar will be miles more effective than Murphy. Just dump it in there around leg stump and turn it across the right handers, making them play against whatever turn he gets. .
But India will play SKY. There aren't many left hand bats in the indian team. Only Rahul and they could replace Rahul with the in form Gill

See below. Only one lhb and he isn't a guaranteed selection.

Rohit
Rahul(lhb)/Gill
Pujara
Kohli
SKY
Jadeja (lhb)
Bharat
Ashwin
Axar(lhb)

Burgey

Also noteworthy that if the deck is prepped this way, the "Starc making rough for Lyon" meme wold have been very handy ind33d.

Burgey

calm down australia doesn't even know ho to serve sandwiches to our boys when they train

this is too big an ask for the dumb ****s
Got a fair bit of hide to post this after I gave you the sandwiches out of my Esky at the Greenies semi final a few years ago. WAC

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, i think there have been reports and incidents where the practice pitches have actually been physically dangerous to our batters that were served up when we were in Australia.

Not to mention being denied what was promised during the covid tour, though that was understandably less CA's fault.

Also, one thing about this Indian side since Virat took over captaincy. They have never complained about any pitch or any conditions every time they have toured.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also noteworthy that if the deck is prepped this way, the "Starc making rough for Lyon" meme wold have been very handy ind33d.
Actually that may also be a reason, maybe they are reinforcing the side the fast bowlers are gonna bowl and follow through?

Burgey

Anyway, the good news about all this is I am predominately WFH the next few weeks because I have a ****ing stress fracture in my foot and am trying not to walk on it while wearing one of those ****ing boot things. This all ties in beautifully. Gonna be pissed if it's over in 2.5 days.

OverratedSanity

Playing SKY would be brain dead as would doing something like making Rahul keep. Pick a proper keeper, make Rahul open instead of Gill,who needs to be kept as far away from the new ball as possible.