• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a feeling that Swepson is a waste of a selection
In what way?
I see him as fairly accurate leggie who bowls at a good pace, and who challenges both edges of the bat.
Has a very flat trajectory though, so can see why Agar could come into the equation in India (and be successful)

Gob

International Coach
My team

Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
TPC
Head
Renshaw
Carey
Vettori
Cummins
Lyon
Boland

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia may play the leggie (instead of Agar), while playing Murphy looks a bit unlikely too in a 2 spinner attack.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely SKY won't debut in this test in place of Shubnam Gill given Gill's form! (Dumb Indian experts are in favor of SKY who can't score in ODIs to save himself yet they think he has the technique to play tests)

Also, same experts are picking Kuldeep instead of Axar Patel despite the latter's record at home. Suggestion is that Axar is similar to Jadeja, yet they seem to forget that Jadeja may not be able to bowl too many overs in his first test back and that Jadeja bowls from close to the stumps while Axar goes wider of the stumps and more round arm. They aren't similar except being left arm. And Axar can bat unlike Kuldeep. So unless India want to play 4 spinners on a dustbowl later on, I don't see a strong case for Kuldeep over Axar.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In what way?
I see him as fairly accurate leggie who bowls at a good pace, and who challenges both edges of the bat.
Has a very flat trajectory though, so can see why Agar could come into the equation in India (and be successful)
Just don’t rate him

He drags lots of balls short due to technical deficiencies, can’t bat & is average in the field plus leggies don’t have a great record in India

I would have preferred Kuhnemann if the strategy was to load up on average spinners

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Fwiw I did think Swepson was bowling really well for a while, then he crocked his neck and hasn't really looked like getting back to the same standard since, seems to be getting less revs on the ball these days, and that's before you even factor in the propensity to a long hop or two. Definitely would be very worried about him going the journey should he be picked

Bats a bit better than he's being given credit for though, certainly not an 11. Batting behind a guy with a (as far as I can tell at least) single digit grade batting average in the BBL was absolute lunacy

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fwiw I did think Swepson was bowling really well for a while, then he crocked his neck and hasn't really looked like getting back to the same standard since, seems to be getting less revs on the ball these days, and that's before you even factor in the propensity to a long hop or two. Definitely would be very worried about him going the journey should he be picked
Yeah, agree. He's not the same bowler who had improved so much and become a serious Sheffield Shield weapon since that weird injury.

the big bambino

International Captain
I'd more likely play Morris in a 4 man attack than swepson. Wincing at the thought of the workload for the other 3 if ... when swepson gets the humpty.

Spark

Global Moderator
At least if the appearance and the talk around the pitch is indication, there is no way in hell they go in with any less than two spinners. Reading between the lines they're fully expecting it to turn ragged on the first day.

Gob

International Coach
I’d bat him at 5. Aside from Smitty, I reckon he’s the best chance of holding the innings together
Marnus will go okay I think. Still not sure if Usman is a good player on wickets that actually turns sharply. He is very good on slow ones

Davey and Travis though

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Marnus will go okay I think. Still not sure if Usman is a good player on wickets that actually turns sharply. He is very good on slow ones

Davey and Travis though
There’s two walking wickets in the team so yeah I’d rather slide Carey up. Head bats down

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s two walking wickets in the team so yeah I’d rather slide Carey up. Head bats down
Head needs to be given a licence to play aggressively no matter what. Basically what Chappell had Walters do for Aus, and if it doesn't come off then that's the price you buy him at.

I do love the fact he had a test strike rate of 95 this summer and a BBL SR of 60 odd :lol:

If Handscomb plays over Renshaw there'll be three right handers in the top six which will go some way to negating the patchwork quilt approach to pitch preparation.