• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
There potentially going to dropping a young guy who averages 50+ in the shield and has done nothing wrong w/ the bat in this situation because he can't bowl, and renshaw got a go ahead of harris who had been with the squad for a year plus without getting a go, while renshaw was parachuted in for the 3rd test vs SA out of nowhere. They've been sending mixed signals for a while
To be fair, apparently Green hasn't yet faced pace in the nets.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why did we play Renshaw in the SCG test it was going to be Handscomb getting the nod ahead of him all along? I understand the logic for picking Handscomb (though personally I think the Indian pacers will know how to bowl to him) but it seems the plan has changed from picking Renshaw to Handscomb between the SCG test and now, when the threat of Ashwin to the left-handers should have been considered all along.

Of course it wouldn't have made a difference who played at the SCG, since Renshaw barely got a bat, but it just seems an interesting signal as to the decision making process going on.
I suspect Handscomb has got the nod because he's right handed. The fact he is nowhere near a test standard player apparently is of no importance.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair, apparently Green hasn't yet faced pace in the nets.
That's fair, just saw the smith comments on cricinfo. Doesn't change the fact that harris was ****ed off for renshaw after touring with the squad for near a year between his last appearances. I don't think harris should have been anywhere near the squad to begin with but this isn't exactly new policy.