• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'm glad to see some talking up of BIG NES, agree that you don't want to risk morris as one of your only three pacers; need green to be fit and on all cylinders if you're to play morris. and while i don't really think neser or boland will be that penetrative i still think they'll do better than agar should, but we don't need any more "shady slim doesn't rate agar" posts because they're a touch boring at this point...
Neser is an orchid like Anderson. Needs ideal conditions to flourish.

These ain’t them

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Ashes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BG Series from an Aus pov tbh

Edit: no harm in a subforum though. Would keep a lot of the English riff raff out.
Not a chance mate - the English riff raff will hunt down the subforum, obviously as long as the Aussies aren't winning, then we'll happily give it a miss ?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

These ain’t them
Skiddy types can go alright tbh. There’s been a bit of swing on offer in India from time to time too.

But yeah wouldn’t bet on it. Boland on the other hand scares me.

Gob

International Coach

These ain’t them
Nesser is not as condition dependent as Anderson though

**** I can't decide between Murphy and Agar. Murphy is so much better but India have like million right handers and if the wicket rages square from day one, Agar could well replicate SOK and get a haul with straight breaks

Plus he can bat

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ashes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BG Series from an Aus pov tbh

Edit: no harm in a subforum though. Would keep a lot of the English riff raff out.
Of course, you can't beat the history of those two teams.

Until India vs Pakistan comes back, this will be by far the most critical and most important series for India though. And indeed BG has been the most competitive trophy in the last decade or two for both teams.

I cannot wait!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They know where the money is mate. That’s why you’ll get that answer.
I take them at their word, but I think partly this is because they haven't won in India (and India has beaten them at home the last few times). So it feels like it's something they need to do to prove themselves. Also, coming off the back of what happened at the GABBA. And many of them mentioned that it's 'tougher', they didn't all say that was necessarily more important. Which is a fair statement that even you would likely agree with. So I think it's taking the smaller shorter-term view rather than the long-term view that the cricket fans who are really into cricket take. If the die-hard Aussie fans had a choice of winning every BG and losing every Ashes or vice versa, Ashes wins would probably win by a hundred to one margin, but that's not really the immediate choice.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My honest mood right now is very pessimistic especially with the batting, but I do not want to gambhir the thread so I will strive to be optimistic about India's chances and will take it on the chin if India lose.

Gob

International Coach
My honest mood right now is very pessimistic especially with the batting, but I do not want to gambhir the thread so I will strive to be optimistic about India's chances and will take it on the chin if India lose.
Looking at this from India's POV, I agree It is definitely a challenge for them

I think it is not unreasonable to suggest that this Aust side is the strongest side they are facing since England in 12. I can't think of any other in-between so if they can not just win 2-1 or 2-0 but go on to win like 4-0 or 3-0, that will definitely add a lot to their legacy as the greatest home side ever

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Green out apparently. Handscomb in
Why did we play Renshaw in the SCG test it was going to be Handscomb getting the nod ahead of him all along? I understand the logic for picking Handscomb (though personally I think the Indian pacers will know how to bowl to him) but it seems the plan has changed from picking Renshaw to Handscomb between the SCG test and now, when the threat of Ashwin to the left-handers should have been considered all along.

Of course it wouldn't have made a difference who played at the SCG, since Renshaw barely got a bat, but it just seems an interesting signal as to the decision making process going on.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did we play Renshaw in the SCG test it was going to be Handscomb getting the nod ahead of him all along? I understand the logic for picking Handscomb (though personally I think the Indian pacers will know how to bowl to him) but it seems the plan has changed from picking Renshaw to Handscomb between the SCG test and now, when the threat of Ashwin to the left-handers should have been considered all along.

Of course it wouldn't have made a difference who played at the SCG, since Renshaw barely got a bat, but it just seems an interesting signal as to the decision making process going on.
There potentially going to dropping a young guy who averages 50+ in the shield and has done nothing wrong w/ the bat in this situation because he can't bowl, and renshaw got a go ahead of harris who had been with the squad for a year plus without getting a go, while renshaw was parachuted in for the 3rd test vs SA out of nowhere. They've been sending mixed signals for a while