• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because as usual Australian media try to cover their a** koz by heart they know the out come of the series in India.

This time Ian Healy says ' we definitely win this time if india provides us other than spin track"

John Wright told " every country's right to creat track of their choice"

Anderson told publicly "we Doctored the track when Aus were 60 all out in eng "( Anderson rested & Broad took 8 fer in that test)

When we were 36 all out we not say nothing, i watched that game, Aus bowls superbly not a single bad ball by Australians.
(Things just happen, Aus were 21/9 in test but Lyon/Siddle saves them to 47 all out)

Aus need to get ready to play spin than blemming , Sledging & crying.
Is this a telegram?

the big bambino

International Captain
Warner, Usman, Marnus, Smith, Travis, Renshaw, Carey, Cummins, Lyon, Boland, Murphy. Alternatives, Agar for either Renshaw or Murphy. Can't recall Handscomb having a bat for a long while so he sits it out. You'd think the gades could've found a way to give him a little more game time. Though he was crap when he did play.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
There won't be a raging turner in this series anyways. Unless Glenn Turner commentates and gets angry.
Well played

Seriously, I wouldn't be so sure though. If I was BCCI top brass I would be definitely be thinking Australia are more challenged by a spinning deck, a flat one makes things a bit closer run imo, most of this Aus batting lineup is highly questionable against the turning ball so to produce a flatty is to some extent neutralising India's biggest advantage

Don't get me wrong, India still clear favourites regardless of conditions, but the gap seems narrower the more roady the pitch gets

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I was a little bit conflicted on renshaw vs green if green can't bowl earlier but not so confllicted anymore. Green averaged 43 in asia in the 6 games he got, renshaw averaged 27 (opening then tbf). Green also has a better shield record and an overall test record (once again, opening vs middle order). Plus renshaw is left handed, and giving ashwin a 5th left hander in the top 7 isn't the best call IMO.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I was a little bit conflicted on renshaw vs green if green can't bowl earlier but not so confllicted anymore. Green averaged 43 in asia in the 6 games he got, renshaw averaged 27 (opening then tbf). Green also has a better shield record and an overall test record (once again, opening vs middle order). Plus renshaw is left handed, and giving ashwin a 5th left hander in the top 7 isn't the best call IMO.
Not really a like for like comparison in all honestly. Firstly as you correctly point out Renshaw was opening, also in Renshaw's time in the subcontinent he had generally tougher pitches with the exception of Ranchi where as Green got the roads of Pakistan to bat on for three of his five subcontinent tests

That being said, I am inclined to agree with your conclusion, just not so much the logic used to get there

Gob

International Coach
Well you could play less lefties to negate Ashwin but they will also likely to play twice the amount of left arm spin

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really a like for like comparison in all honestly. Firstly as you correctly point out Renshaw was opening, also in Renshaw's time in the subcontinent he had generally tougher pitches with the exception of Ranchi where as Green got the roads of Pakistan to bat on for three of his five subcontinent tests

That being said, I am inclined to agree with your conclusion, just not so much the logic used to get there
Yeah I admit that the comparison isn't 100% spot on, more about adding another left hander to the line-up for Ashwin to feast on when by every indication green has a higher ceiling just feels a bit off.

the big bambino

International Captain
A bit strange to mention Renshaw maybe vulnerable to the spinning ball leaving him when they're likely to play Axar and Jadeja. I think Craddock got it right when he said Neser should've been picked. We could play both him and Agar without compromising the batting too much.

It questions the selection of Morris, who appears so unsuited to the conditions he isn't even being mentioned, on the back of 3 home games on the Perth drag strip. He's got a future for sure but a bowling line up of Cummins, Neser, Boland, Lyon and Agar is about as good as we could expect without Starc, Haze or Green.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we not going to have a sub-forum for the BG series while we will most probably have one for the Ashes later?

Spark

Global Moderator
A bit strange to mention Renshaw maybe vulnerable to the spinning ball leaving him when they're likely to play Axar and Jadeja. I think Craddock got it right when he said Neser should've been picked. We could play both him and Agar without compromising the batting too much.

It questions the selection of Morris, who appears so unsuited to the conditions he isn't even being mentioned, on the back of 3 home games on the Perth drag strip. He's got a future for sure but a bowling line up of Cummins, Neser, Boland, Lyon and Agar is about as good as we could expect without Starc, Haze or Green.
I can understand why they think that, in principle (which is enough to get you a 2nd or 3rd backup quick option spot tbf), they think express pace is a more promising option on dry, low pitches than a back-of-the-length fast-medium bowler in Neser tbf. He's not especially tall, which might actually be an asset in these conditions - skid the ball through at the stumps; Umesh Yadav has become quite a menace in these conditions based on that.

Gob

International Coach

Airspeed can be valuable on flatter wickets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I do think Agar will be much more useful in this series than what is expected of him. Indian batsmen, especially Kohli, are vulnerable to his type of left arm spin.

Also, even the Indian bowlers are vulnerable to good number 7 and 8 batsmen while they could potentially take out the top order much more easily.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Not saying renshaw will be vulnerable to the spinning ball per say, he averaged 60 vs ash + jaddu last time we toured india or something like that. saying that ashwin eats left handers alive in india, having an extra left hander in when we already have 4 in the top 7 feels like a disaster waiting to happen. Also just don't like dropping green when he's done nothing wrong, he made shield runs, averaged 40+ when we toured asia earlier in the year and has managed to average more with the bat then renshaw or handscomb in test cricket despite also taking poles @30 (renshaw comparison isn't exactly fair, as mentioned earlier).