• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Indias ODI team vs NZ :

ODI squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wk), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seems we are going with...

Rohit (c)
Gill
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Arshdeep
Siraj

Frankly, this is such an underwhelming side I dont even feel like watching them play. Its almost as if there is no hoop the management wont dive through to get Rahul in somehow. I would have gone with....

Rohit (c)
Ishan (wk)
Virat
Shreyas
SKY
Washy
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Siraj

Washy, Hardik, Siraj, Axar to bowl in the PP and Umran and Kuldeep as the attacking options in the middle overs with death overs being bowled between Hardik, Umran and Siraj.
No Thakur?

I guess you're not a glutton for punishment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No Thakur?

I guess you're not a glutton for punishment.
They didn't pick him. He is back for the NZ ODIs though.

I will pick him everytime but guy has to work on his fitness a bit. Think he has regressed with both bat and ball in the last 10 months or so. The issue is, even at his best, he is a bit of a luxury that we can usually afford coz of the rest of our bowling attack but right now, both him and our bowling has regressed. :(

ataraxia

International Coach
He's definitely less of a FC bowler - don't think Auckland even select him half the time (or maybe injured, I dunno). Took 43 of his 67 FC wickets in 17/18 and 18/19 and has only been in and out of the Auckland side since then.
Anyway, happy to give him a look in a JAMT20 series.
Injured I think. Be weird if they didn't select him given bar Jamieson/Ferguson, occasional Solia superhax, and briefly Keene last season, Auckland don't have another FC-standard bowler.

G. S. Kohli

India have won toss & have to bat

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Avishka Fernando, Nuwanidu Fernando, Kusal Mendis(w), Ashen Bandara, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamika Karunaratne, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj

G. S. Kohli

Chamika gets Rohit (42>> 3 sixes)
India 111/1* off 17 ovs

Virat (6 ball 14*)need 40 more or so to beat Mahela Jayawardene's career
ODI Runs

17 more ODI india need to play before 2023 World cup including 5*
Games in Asia cup