• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's conditions based. Same as any other player really (or at least bowlers since batters get a lot more leeway in this regard). Axar wasn't even a sure thing before 2021, so to act like a potentially fit pace all rounder can't ever get picked in Indian conditions is bizarre. Not sure why this for you is something incomprehensible or illogical.
No. I am saying in conditions favoring pace, Shami Siraj and Umesh will play over him. So, in no conditions, will he get a chance to play, unless of course there are injuries.

Xix2565

International Regular
No. I am saying in conditions favoring pace, Shami Siraj and Umesh will play over him. So, in no conditions, will he get a chance to play, unless of course there are injuries.
I mean it's not a right or wrong kind of thing. It's debating between reasonable choices.

Gob

International Coach
Anyone else find it funny that zampas chucking a tantrum over not getting picked for the India red ball tour when he's played one FC game in the past 2+ years and got outbowled by Chris green in that game? If you wanna play test cricket maybe rock up and play some shield cricket first to show you've improved as a red ball bowler.
Adam is a very talented cricketer. I'm sure he'll be in future plans

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Adam is a very talented cricketer. I'm sure he'll be in future plans
He's talented but he has an abysmal FC record and he doesn't have agar's batting or the excuse of agar playing for WA, who seem to hate spinners more than NZ.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone else find it funny that zampas chucking a tantrum over not getting picked for the India red ball tour when he's played one FC game in the past 2+ years and got outbowled by Chris green in that game? If you wanna play test cricket maybe rock up and play some shield cricket first to show you've improved as a red ball bowler.
Yep, especially since his record as a red ball bowler is ****ing terrible, and Swepson for his flaws has actually been a good Shield cricketer for a while now.

I could understand someone like Maxwell being annoyed (if he was fit) because he was at least good in Shield cricket to begin with even though hasn't played any for a while, but Zampa's saltiness is a disgrace.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno what is the best we can expect. What I would want would be the side I posted earlier but Shami for Bumrah. But realistically,

Rohit (c)
Rahul (vc)
Pujara
Virat
Jaddu
Shreyas
Bharat(wk)
Ashwin
Axar
Shami
Siraj

If Pant was there, we would have had 3 lefties at 5,7 and 9 and having 3 left handers in the lower middle order would have made a difference against someone like Agar or Swepson.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Hardik if available will almost definitely get a spot overseas, we would drop one of Ashwin or Jadeja for him. Even in India it's not impossible for him to be considered over Axar / any injured one of these three for at least some of the pitches. It's worth remembering that he was solidly in the not great - not terrible territory when we picked him overseas last time and won us a game in England, he is not a bad test player.

Doesn't matter though, he isn't fit enough for the long format and we need him more for the white ball stuff anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dunno what is the best we can expect. What I would want would be the side I posted earlier but Shami for Bumrah. But realistically,

Rohit (c)
Rahul (vc)
Pujara
Virat
Jaddu
Shreyas
Bharat(wk)
Ashwin
Axar
Shami
Siraj

If Pant was there, we would have had 3 lefties at 5,7 and 9 and having 3 left handers in the lower middle order would have made a difference against someone like Agar or Swepson.
You continue to punish Thakur but not calling for his immediately inclusion in the squad and the best eleven.

#punished by his best friend. Sad.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Hardik if available will almost definitely get a spot overseas, we would drop one of Ashwin or Jadeja for him. Even in India it's not impossible for him to be considered over Axar / any injured one of these three for at least some of the pitches. It's worth remembering that he was solidly in the not great - not terrible territory when we picked him overseas last time and won us a game in England, he is not a bad test player.

Doesn't matter though, he isn't fit enough for the long format and we need him more for the white ball stuff anyway.
Hardik is more threating in pants absence.

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Starc is as big a loss for Aus as Pant is for India. I'm not a Starc fan by any stretch and might not have him in the best XI for England but OP hit the nail on the head with all the value Starc brings in these conditions.
Starc is a run machine whenever he plays against India. Can't see him posing any threat to Indian batsmen in Indian conditions. Might just be a blessing in disguise for the Aussies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc is a run machine whenever he plays against India. Can't see him posing any threat to Indian batsmen in Indian conditions. Might just be a blessing in disguise for the Aussies.
If he plays every test he will be the leading wicket taker among the quicks from both sides