• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think you went 11/13 in 2004. You also won 9 games in 2010.
Thanks. I remembered the 11 in 2004. The only 2 we drew were the one where Lara made 400 in Antigua and at the end of the year in SA when we over-turned a large first innings deficit but couldn't quite bowl them out second time around. Good England side that one. I guessed maybe 2010 or 2011 when we finished top of the rankings but couldn't have told you with any certainty.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks. I remembered the 11 in 2004. The only 2 we drew were the one where Lara made 400 in Antigua and at the end of the year in SA when we over-turned a large first innings deficit but couldn't quite bowl them out second time around. Good England side that one. I guessed maybe 2010 or 2011 when we finished top of the rankings but couldn't have told you with any certainty.
We only played 8 Test matches in 2011, which is unusually low for us. Won 6, drew 2.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We only played 8 Test matches in 2011, which is unusually low for us. Won 6, drew 2.
Yeah, we didn't go anywhere in the Autumn, did we. And then we were badly beaten in the UAE in January/February 2012. And I think that only the final test in the Ashes was played in 2011, when we won in Sydney. But I have no idea who we played at home before we 4-0'd India.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Salman is another brain dead selection not as bad as Zahid but pretty poor in his own right. If FC performance are the main criteria there are atleast 4-5 more deserving bats also his bowling is a non factor.
Kamran Ghulam, highest scorer in last QeA trophy, comes to mind.
Azhar & Asad would have been replaced with Saud & Kamran in a fairer and competent team environment.

I'm also a bit skeptical of Imam. He mostly score soft runs. Unfortunately, we will continue to see him & bits and pieces players (like Salman) or average players (like Zahid) in team as long as Rambo, Minister of Justice & Babar are at the helm.

Last edited:

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Loving England's aggressive approach.

They bat to maximize scoring opportunities.
They bowl to take/induce 20 wickets ASAP.

Ashes 2023 would be exciting. Stokes single handedly won Headingly Test last time and now there are 11 Stokes. Australia be afraid, be very very afraid.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Loving England's aggressive approach.

They bat to maximize scoring opportunities.
They bowl to take/induce 20 wickets ASAP.

Ashes 2023 would be exciting. Stokes single handedly won Headingly Test last time and now there are 11 Stokes. Australia be afraid, be very very afraid.
Labu Khawaja Head are all scoring big runs regularly like Smith nowadays.

Going to be a battle of 11 fiery Stokes vs 11 cool Smiths.

Coronis

International Coach
So um I don’t really follow Pakistan that much but why are blokes like Afridi Abbas and Ali not playing? Are they all injured or something?