• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it me or is the morning session the time to get wickets and then batting gets much easier as the day goes on. Might need to wait till tomorrow to get into them.
Yeah think I'd rather bowl in the fog than have to bat in it. Watch out for Jimmy in the morning, there's a rumour going around he likes it cloudy.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan just come into favourites, but still think they have a small mountain to climb. Feels like it could all open up quickly with a wicket, because
looking at the lineup after these two doesn't inspire confidence.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno about this test and series but Pak are being very battle hardened here. The Kiwis may find it very tough to avoid a 2-0 loss.

Xuhaib

International Coach
For Pakistan to be in the game we needed this partnership to go atleast till 250, expecting to fall short by 70-80 runs.
I am not exactly rooting for a so called famous win tbh as it just hides the cracks and allows the rubbish Babar-Saqlain combo more time to keep doing doing their thing and dig the hole further but then would things change? Kinda torn tbh.

Some real major questions still need to be answered. On what grounds is Zahid part of the test side he's 34 averages 40 @ 4 rpo in fc cricket what is the logic for this selection?
Why Shadab is being allowed to skip test cricket when the team is desperate for a player like him @ 7. Misbah ensured Amir is not selected for white ball cricket when he decided to retire from tests why is the current management allowing this? Clear Signs of weak leadership. Why has Abbas and Hassan been totally removed from test setup? With Shaheen and Naseem on the injury table it was important bowlers with some international expiernce and performance were part of the team.
Why no planning is been done to ensure high potential bowlers like Hasnain and Waseem are playing more red ball ball cricket at the FC level instead of carrying drinks for the main team.

In all the gloom the couple of good things fron this series are Abrar and Saud. Early days for Abrar i am still to be convinced he is in for the long haul but atleast its an upgrade on the horror days of uncle Nauman and Sajid.

I am happy for Saud, at age group level many experts rated him as good as Babar but there is an unwritten rule in Pakistan cricket that only one Karachi batsman can play at a time hence he has to bide his time while Asad and Fawad had their go. Quietly we are building a decent batting core Imam, Abdullah, Saud, Babar all pretty young can have good long careers. Salman Agha I am unconvinced is international standard but being part of Babar clique will get you opportunities over other deserving ones, there are atleast 4-5 batsmen with FC performance who should be ahead of him and I see him getting replaced sooner then later by one of them.

One final word on Rizwan very disappointed with his efforts this year in test cricket I think hes making a lot of decent balls look peaches with his tendency of closing his bat and playing on the legside if he just plays them straighter he will make it much easier for himself, right now I am missing Sarfraz 2013-2016 who played some vital knocks coming at 7 need Rizwan to up his game in tests and get back to 2020-21 levels.