• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Finals Thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t know **** about football, but given the parlous state of the English team when Southgate took over saying “he hasn’t been able to guide them home” is missing the big picture.

James

Cricket Web Owner
When the premier league starts again later this month , Harry Kane is gonna get a ton of abuse ... Unprecedented really the wounds are still going to be so raw, gonna need to be thick skinned .
Would be harsh on him , it wasn't a Beckham brain explosion type moment.

Just saw this on the BBC live coverage, obviously taking it hard which is hardily surprising

FT: England 1-2 France
Juliette Ferrington
BBC Radio 5 live at Al Bayt Stadium
Harry Kane's team-mates politely asked for the camera operators to move away from him because he was inconsolable. Jude Bellingham had his shirt over his face and was lying on his back before he got to his feet. When Rashford's free-kick went over Harry Kane looked to the sky.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don’t know **** about football, but given the parlous state of the English team when Southgate took over saying “he hasn’t been able to guide them home” is missing the big picture.
What big picture? He has the team to win, doesn't pick it, and doesn't win. There's nothing else to say.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When the premier league starts again later this month , Harry Kane is gonna get a ton of abuse ... Unprecedented really the wounds are still going to be so raw, gonna need to be thick skinned .
Nah, the English press will still find a way to blame a black bloke

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Give Tuchel a boatload of money for the next 4 years.
Thing is , there is a bit of a streak going on in World Cups which is the greatest streak in my opinion because it's happened through different eras without fail , every coach that has won the FIFA World Cup has been born in the country that won the world cup . From 1930-2018 ...Technically the Moroccan coach can break this record as he was born in France .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Saka was fouled three times before the ****ing white flag ****s scored, facts, **** this **** sport

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ouch England, looked the better side too & Saka was awesome.

No doubt Kane bottled it under the pressure. Haven't seen his face enough to be sure but he did not look confident to me preceding the shot.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
But dang that hurts. Looked the better side, first French goal shouldn't have stood, we had plenty of chances.

Southgate pulling Saka and Foden off just bizarre though.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
SF at the World Cup and final at the Euro’s is hardly underperforming. Today England came up against the one team I think is on their level and they came off second best, it happens. If they’d been on the other side of the draw I think they’d have gone all the way to the final.
It depends on how you view underperformance , I mean there is different variations of it right ? Like there is one where you completely don't show up , get knocked out in the group stage like a France in 2002 , then there is one where you consistently put yourself/team in positions to win a trophy but for some reason or another you fall short ...I think this England side under Southgate falls under the latter ...

Ifs and Buts just don't cut it especially in tournaments that happen every four years . In Cricket we have India post Dhoni captain era who consistently make semi finals and finals of major tournaments but fall short of winning, I think there is a degree of underperformance to that .