• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the idea that after four full time bowlers, it is overkill to have a fifth?

If the Asia XI is facing an equally strong XI, would these part timers just be taken apart? Especially if it's not in the SC.
Yeah that's a perfectly fair point, and if there was another Kapil I would pick him, but Imran's batting, regardless of what the stats say, is not my idea of a strong #7. Need someone who can start blasting out big shots from the get go if required. That was not Imran.

Personally I really enjoyed all three of Yuvi, Jaya and Tendulkar's bowling a lot.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah that's a perfectly fair point, and if there was another Kapil I would pick him, but Imran's batting, regardless of what the stats say, is not my idea of a strong #7. Need someone who can start blasting out big shots from the get go if required. That was not Imran.

Personally I really enjoyed all three of Yuvi, Jaya and Tendulkar's bowling a lot.
You could swap Imran for Shakib.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
ODI

Tendulkar
Jayasuriya
Abbas
Kohli
Miandad
Dhoni
Kapil
Wasim
Malinga
Bumrah
Murali

Squad- Imran, Shakib, Rohit

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Which puts Zaheer Abbas' SR in context which was better than De Silva, Ponting, Hayden, Gibbs etc. even though he played last ODI in 1985.
Top 10 adjusted ODI SRs as per my sheet (which is just ratio of batsman's SR to overall SR in their active years):

GJ Maxwell
JC Buttler
IVA Richards
V Sehwag
Zaheer Abbas
AC Gilchrist
A Symonds
AB de Villiers
ST Jayasuriya
L Klusener

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Top 10 adjusted ODI SRs as per my sheet (which is just ratio of batsman's SR to overall SR in their active years):

GJ Maxwell
JC Buttler
IVA Richards
V Sehwag
Zaheer Abbas
AC Gilchrist
A Symonds
AB de Villiers
ST Jayasuriya
L Klusener
This is very good, but where are Lance Cairns and Shahid Afridi? They should both be in the top 5.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is very good, but where are Lance Cairns and Shahid Afridi? They should both be in the top 5.
May be didn't make my cut offs. I didn't include every batsman ever.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
May be didn't make my cut offs. I didn't include every batsmen ever.
I see. They had to average at least 30.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah I remember a Sharjah series when Wasim, Waqar and Saqlain just couldn't get the guy out.
I checked and found the tournament. It was the Singer Akai Cup in Sharjah in 97.

He scored 97, 134 and 87* against Wasim, Waqar and Saqlain in three successive games. The other SL batsmen were clueless but I remember he was like a rock, they couldn't get past him. He bailed them out in all three games. Look at his shots against the 2Ws.

So I see why ppl have fond memories of him but he wasn't at that level enough.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

GJ Maxwell
JC Buttler
IVA Richards
V Sehwag
Zaheer Abbas
AC Gilchrist
A Symonds
AB de Villiers
ST Jayasuriya
L Klusener
Gilchrist
Sehwag