• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli, the greatest ODI bat ever?

Is Virat Kohli the Greatest ODI bat of all Time

• Yes

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s no more important ODI matxh than a WC final. Come on

Last edited:

Bitmap

State Vice-Captain
Zaheer Abbas, Crowe, Dean Jones, Miandad, Dilshan, Amla, Bevan, Ponting, Lara, Gilchrist, Gibbs, Jaysuriya and a few others
Ponting, Bevan, Abbas and Lara I agree are in a similar tier and can be ranked differently depending on preferences especially since Dhoni's last few years were mediocre else IMO he would have been clearly ahead of them. But I disagree with the rest of the list.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
For me it's still Sachin , he basically grew up with ODI cricket, was there for all its big changes ( Television umpires making calls on runouts, Powerplays , Coloured clothing etc. etc ) , played in so many World cups , graced so many countries in the world that are long forgotten where they host cricket ... Morocco, Canada , Kenya ..

What made ODI cricket fun was those triangular series and quadrangular series before World Cups and Sachin was a big part of that ... Also engaged in proper ODI bilateral series not the bench strength series we get today ...

If I want a player that reflects ODI cricket I have to pick Sachin Tendulkar,
all the memories he made in ODI cricket can fill up a Bible ..Facing off against Hadlee , Imran Khan as a teenager ...Going toe to toe with Warne , Lara ,Donald in the 90's ... Hitting the first double hundred ever , Top scoring in the world cup ...coping with the lows of India's shock knockout in 07 , the highs of a World Cup win , the comical record against modest bowlers who gave the great man a hard time like Hansie Cronje ...

Stats can never show this even though Tendulkar has amazing stats ...The story is worthy of ATG ...
Beautiful.