• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be the end of Gerrard surely.

A shame as I was looking forward to the toxic atmosphere on Sunday.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You called Tuchel and Gerrard in the summer, don't think either were high up in the sack odds then. Who does your Spidey sense have next to go?
Tbf I didn't call Gerrard being sacked, Beale was always rumoured to be the tactical brain at Ibrox and I was curious as to how Gerrard would manage without him whilst expressing a concern that without Beale there might not be much there. I didn't think he'd be this bad.

Ignoring Rodgers who I don't think Leicester want to pay off, Jesse Marsch would probably top my list. Going left field, it wouldn't shock me if Conte isn't Spurs manager come Boxing Day.

I actually think the World Cup break might turn into a bit of a sack fest depending on results over the next 4 weeks.

grecian

That Matt Cash handball is clearly why the new rule was invented, bizarre people are questioning it, he's put his hands up in the hope to stop the ball, it's not a natural angle.

It's an hideously flawed law, but that is an unequivocal pen for me, and the fact defenders used to get away with it again and again, is why I don't hate Var and some of the new rules.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
That Matt Cash handball is clearly why the new rule was invented, bizarre people are questioning it, he's put his hands up in the hope to stop the ball, it's not a natural angle.

It's an hideously flawed law, but that is an unequivocal pen for me, and the fact defenders used to get away with it again and again, is why I don't hate Var and some of the new rules.
Yeah the penalty was jammy but it was the correct decision no doubt.

(The red card on the other hand was pure filth...)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Most of them have already done their sackings already.
Looking at the league table as it stands, anyone from West Ham down who hasn't already been sacked (Moyes, Hasenhuttl, Lampard, Marsch, Rodgers and Cooper) could easily go between now and Boxing Day depending on their next 4 results IMO.

Pothas

Feel like Rodgers and Hasenhuttl would have gone by now and no way Moyes is getting sacked.

Lampard and Marsch the most likely.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The bluenoses are relatively happy with Lampard so he might get a bit more time than you’d think.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The bluenoses are relatively happy with Lampard so he might get a bit more time than you’d think.
I think there's a recognition from the fan base that the squad is rubbish and that the owner is a tit so they're not going to get on Lampard's back if they're in 15th place because they expect European football. If they go into the World Cup in the bottom 3 having lost 5 in a row that doesn't mean he's not a candidate for the chop.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think there's a recognition from the fan base that the squad is rubbish and that the owner is a tit so they're not going to get on Lampard's back if they're in 15th place because they expect European football. If they go into the World Cup in the bottom 3 having lost 5 in a row that doesn't mean he's not a candidate for the chop.
Yeah agree with this. Was speaking to a blue relative at the weekend and when I asked what he’d be happy with he said midtable that isn’t a relegation fight.