• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We've been absolutely hideous at white ball in these 2 series.

Don't really get why we're being ultra aggressive when we got to the best in the world without needing to go daft all the time.
It's all very odd, isn't it. At the start of the season, most of us would have had no concerns whatsoever about the guys who have been in our top 7, but most of them haven't been able to buy a score in these white ball matches. It's easy, and very tempting, to write about missing the days when our one day side wasn't ****e, but all of them have been brilliant much of the time before this summer. I doubt very much that it's all down to the new coach. But I suspect that's a job waiting for Morgan sooner rather than later if things don't improve. Probably not until after the WC though.

Last edited:

kevinw

International 12th Man
Curran should've realised the game situation there. Shamsi was hardly going to bowl into his hitting arc again. But then the seen guys above him have hardly been better.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Well, maybe this is like that second India odi after all. Still, whilst Miller is there, the game is on.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Jason Roy the most overrated ODI player going around. Very much living on his reputation pre WC 2019

His numbers aren't that bad, but he just looks so consistently out of touch

kevinw

International 12th Man
Jason Roy the most overrated ODI player going around. Very much living on his reputation pre WC 2019

His numbers aren't that bad, but he just looks so consistently out of touch
He averages 40 more or less at a run a ball. But he seems scratchy and ugly at times. I can't believe a team doesn't bring a leggie on in the first over tbh.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He averages 40 more or less at a run a ball. But he seems scratchy and ugly at times. I can't believe a team doesn't bring a leggie on in the first over tbh.
I wonder how his average looks for the last couple of years. And matches against The Netherlands don't count.

Anyway, is the rain about to save SA?

EDIT
Since the start of 2020, excluding the boot filling exercise against the Netherlands, Roy averages 25.

Last edited:

kevinw

International 12th Man
Umpires have let nearly five overs go since the rain began. They'll let it go to 20 unless it chucks it down.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think wickets are actually in England's best interests just now. Each one must take up another 3 or 4 minutes.