• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I know commenting on someone's appearance is inherently dickish but...man he's a weird looking fella. Like his face is an ironic baby-faced hipster parody of a middle-aged hillbilly. Like....is he a rough-looking wimpy guy or a wimpy looking rough guy? A grizzled baby or a baby-faced old man?
He looks like he could be the love child of Steve Buscemi and Don Knotts

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I know commenting on someone's appearance is inherently dickish but...man he's a weird looking fella. Like his face is an ironic baby-faced hipster parody of a middle-aged hillbilly. Like....is he a rough-looking wimpy guy or a wimpy looking rough guy? A grizzled baby or a baby-faced old man?
He looks like a younger version of the Chuckle brothers

Attachments

Howsie

International Captain
Looking at the photos on Cricinfo he seems indistinguishable from the rest of the squad, physique-wise. Just doesn't seem to track.
It’s probably almost a decade ago now but he was a absolute gym rat back then. It was around the time he made a NZ squad as a opening bat with John Wright coaching but he was benching 150 plus etc which for anyone especially a cricketer is up there.

Who knows if he’s still into the same training regimen

thundaboult

International Debutant
It’s probably almost a decade ago now but he was a absolute gym rat back then. It was around the time he made a NZ squad as a opening bat with John Wright coaching but he was benching 150 plus etc which for anyone especially a cricketer is up there.

Who knows if he’s still into the same training regimen
150kg or pounds lol

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Will Young named the captain of Norhants. Does that mean he's not going to be picked for WI series? That's disappointing if that is so.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Will Young named the captain of Norhants. Does that mean he's not going to be picked for WI series? That's disappointing if that is so.
Good question. If Conway and or Kane are back for those games will there be a spot for him? I didn't even know they had this Windies series. What an unusual off-season itinerary for the Black Caps - internationals stretched across June-September, with all the tests in June against one side then limited overs games against 5 other sides.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it? Can't say he fills me with any confidence at all as an opener. Could have success in the middle order but we have enough options there.

Only valid argument for Young being in the Test side is if they decide on Conway to open.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't make my ODI XI either.
Ditto

Top 7 options ahead of Young for Windies tour:

Guptill, Allen, Conway, Williamson, Mitchell, Latham, Nicholls, Phillips, Bracewell, Neesham?, Cleaver - 11 players (8 or 9 would be picked)

Bowlers

Santner, Sodhi (or perhaps Rippon if he performs well, or even all 3 - dead pitches in the Windies) + the seamers

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow I'm surprised Williamson will bother turning up for this. Did someone dupe him into thinking the next IPL is in the Caribbean?

Moss

Ditto

Top 7 options ahead of Young for Windies tour:

Guptill, Allen, Conway, Williamson, Mitchell, Latham, Nicholls, Phillips, Bracewell, Neesham?, Cleaver - 11 players (8 or 9 would be picked)

Bowlers

Santner, Sodhi (or perhaps Rippon if he performs well, or even all 3 - dead pitches in the Windies) + the seamers
Young over Nicholls for me, though not as an opener. There isn’t exactly an embarrassment of batting riches, Guptill will be gone post the WC, and Kane and Conway aren’t turning out all that regularly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know why cleaver is being picked over fletcher on this tour? Fletcher seems the better t20 bat of the two.

Moss

Anyone know why cleaver is being picked over fletcher on this tour? Fletcher seems the better t20 bat of the two.
Yeah he's made decent use of the opportunity but looks like he'd be better value in ODIs or tests. Missed a number of attempted scoops in that innings.