• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

jcas0167

International Debutant
The Irish commentators are so pleasant to listen to. I partly wanted Ireland to win just for them.

Hope Tector is OK after getting hit by a Ferguson bouncer. I think that was a key moment. A free hit the momentum was shifting. Instead he got out shortly after that. Also, Guptill's blinder of a catch.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
really?

this is the **** im whinging about. one of the best fielders in nz is now dropping catches since being called up to this team.
I didn’t see the one he dropped in the infield. But both of his drops at cow-corner were catchable and by his standards he should have taken them.

Maybe he had a hard time with spotting the ball.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Did I read it right? Ireland lost just by one run? Unbelievable. Hit the sack after watching our boys bat and expected Ireland to be bowled out for 250. That's a lot of runs to chase and looked like Ireland lost from the position of winning. It's so awesome to see Ireland so short of resources (players, money, coaching staff, training resources) in comparison to New Zealand giving us a serious run. If Ireland won the three tosses likely they would have won 3-0, still deserved to win 2-1. Awesome performance by Ireland.

This is effectively our second best xi? Without taking any credit away from Ireland, we're rubbish. No.1 one day side in the world is a joke. Ireland also doesn't deserve to be no.11 ranked.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did I read it right? Ireland lost just by one run? Unbelievable. Hit the sack after watching our boys bat and expected Ireland to be bowled out for 250. That's a lot of runs to chase and looked like Ireland lost from the position of winning. It's so awesome to see Ireland so short of resources (players, money, coaching staff, training resources) in comparison to New Zealand giving us a serious run. If Ireland won the three tosses likely they would have won 3-0, still deserved to win 2-0. Awesome performance by Ireland.

This is effectively our second best xi? Without taking any credit away from Ireland, we're rubbish. No.1 one day side in the world is a joke. Ireland also doesn't deserve to be no.11 ranked.
Ireland is probably better than us…

Actually, they won a series against us not too long ago

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Honestly Latham as a captain is a disaster. I'd even take Bracewell as a captain. Latham is so clueless. Give him the best resources he'll still find a way to stuff it up.

thierry henry

International Coach
On one hand it’s bad that we are completely and utterly ****, on the other it’s cool we’re fluking close wins. Feels like the first point is more significant though.

thierry henry

International Coach
The Irish commentators are so pleasant to listen to. I partly wanted Ireland to win just for them.
I agree but also found it funny how dour they were. Very rarely raised their voices beyond a murmur and seemed very reluctant to praise Ireland. I guess I was expecting ‘minnows excited to see their boys play the big guns’ energy but got ‘jaded minnows expecting to lose every match’ energy.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
On one hand it’s bad that we are completely and utterly ****, on the other it’s cool we’re fluking close wins. Feels like the first point is more significant though.
If I'm looking for a positive, it's that some of the new guys get experience in pressure situations where the game is coming down to the line.

The negative me thinks we should never have been in these situations anyway but if the world cup final told us anything, we need players who will do the job when it's down to the final over.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
9 from 9 in World Cup super league. Still world no 1. Newer players getting experience winning tight games.
What this really goes to show is that the ranking system is atrocious, not only for white ball but tests as well.
NZ would be lucky to scrape into the top 4 teams atm, and comfortably so at that.
It's not time for any panic however, with 6 top players(or more)to come back, a solid foundation can still be built for next years cup.
The thing that seems to appear really shabby at the moment is leadership, both on and off the field.
If this can be sorted sooner rather than later another final is more than possible, but if they meander along and don't get to the core of the problem,
they'll get absolutely whitewashed.
Players likely to come back are Kane, Conway, Mitchell, Boult, Southee, Jamieson, maybe there's another cert somewhere but can't think atm.

thierry henry

International Coach
I know he's done well in this series, but Bracewell's nickname of beast is like when people call their fat friend slim, right?
I actually thought it was because he was a pretty big strong guy, long levers etc…but in the realms of pro sport he’d hardly be a top candidate for the nickname? He’s not really it but not really the opposite.