• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just as bad as us
Just as bad as us
You even picked more bowlers and you're just as bad as us
Just as bad as us
Just as bad as us
Your fans thought you were so superior but you're just as bad as us
I need to know if this is Rap, Rock or Opera before liking

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What went wrong for root in that Australian series? Pitches were far more bowler friendly than your usual aussie pitches but he wasn't getting worked over by cummins and starc, green and Boland where giving him serious, serious trouble. Odd from a man who has looked undismissable either side of that series.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
What went wrong for root in that Australian series? Pitches were far more bowler friendly than your usual aussie pitches but he wasn't getting worked over by cummins and starc, green and Boland where giving him serious, serious trouble. Odd from a man who has looked undismissable either side of that series.
too much lift off a length for a bloke who likes to fiddle outside off just a bit too often.

he also seemed incredibly frantic by his standards in a number of innings. trying to get bat on ball on everything and assert his authority. i guess he felt he had to given the amount of utter spuds clogging up the batting lineup.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean pretty much all of Hazlewood, Cummins and even Green are basically tailor-made to exploit the one technical flaw that Root has in his batting, his propensity to play at balls outside off stump with an open face.

I say flaw; it's an integral part of what makes him so difficult to bowl to because of how easily he rotates strike behind square on the offside. But against those kinds of bowlers on Australian pitches, it means he's never a banker and will always be at risk of nicking off.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm looking forward to an opposition captain winning the toss and choosing to bowl first against us in glorious batting conditions out of fear of England's chasing.
I mean realistically if this continues, it means that teams will basically never ever declare on England before they're like 600 in front at stumps on Day 4. Which to be fair means that England will draw a lot of games they would otherwise lose.