• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Flem274*

123/5
Whatever happens tomorrow, this match is another clear marker of the quick improvements we’ve made. A year ago not only would we have not got a sniff at a chase like this, but I also don’t think we’d have fought back to keep the target below 400 like we did.

Everyone knows there are holes in this side and things we need to do better but it’s really pleasing to watch and every ball I don’t see at the minute gives me FOMO whereas last year every ball I watched made me cry unless Root was batting
No one is meant to have a sniff against roughly 400 lol. Your team is stupid. Imagine the team meetings. McCullum has turned "he's **** bro just smash him bro" into a strategy.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
BazBall is just Bairstow scoring really quickly and succeeding spectacularly, Stokes playing with wanton abandon with mixed results and Root scoring the same number of runs he has been for ages, but maybe scoring a bit quicker. And others playing their normal game.

Non?
Yep, this is a pretty spot-on assessment. Without YJB, England aren't much more than they were 4 weeks ago.

slippy888

International Captain
Even if England scored 3 runs an over still India would have had 200 runs heading into day 5 which would have made it more of a challenge

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as I'm thoroughly enjoying this apparently rejuvenated England, it would be nice if Baz could get them to turn up for the first 3 days of a test match instead of just arriving on day 4.........as entertaining as this all is.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one is meant to have a sniff against roughly 400 lol. Your team is stupid. Imagine the team meetings. McCullum has turned "he's **** bro just smash him bro" into a strategy.
That's a solid strategy tbh

works against mediocre attacks like NZ

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bairstow to 1 Jan 2022: 79 matches, 6 tons. Avg 33.49
Bairstow to now: 87 matches, 11 tons. Avg 37.05 inc. current test.

Not a bad improvement. But probably shows much chaff is in that first subset of 79 matches.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, this is a pretty spot-on assessment. Without YJB, England aren't much more than they were 4 weeks ago.
If YJB isn't there then brooks would be playing, and considering the county form he's been in I would expect similiar results to YJB.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
BazBall is just Bairstow scoring really quickly and succeeding spectacularly, Stokes playing with wanton abandon with mixed results and Root scoring the same number of runs he has been for ages, but maybe scoring a bit quicker. And others playing their normal game.

Non?
Bazball is just some guy with sunglasses and a hat sitting on a balcony while everyone speculates endlessly about what this all really means, man.

Aritro

International Regular
I find it hard to imagine coaches doing anything much at all seeing as we only ever see them looking pensive in shorts.

Chrish

International Debutant
May as well call this out. England just produced 3 incredible chases in a row in one series, at some stage they're not going to get one right. To call it embarrassing is pretty out there. These are cricketers, not cyborgs, they're going to fall in their mission at some stage.
Overreacting much? Anyways, I didn’t mean not to give credit to this incredible effort. Just saying they are in a dominant position and would suck if they loose from here..