• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
i have to search for clips on youtube
I couldn't find the relevant bit on youtube, but here's the script.

Ebeneezer Blackadder: Well, I’ve got all the presents…

Baldrick: …and I’ve nearly finished the Christmas cards.

Ebeneezer Blackadder: Oh, splendid! Let me see… [opens up a card he has picked up from the desk] “A Very Messy Christmas.” I’m sorry, Mr Baldrick — shouldn’t that be ‘merry’?

Baldrick: “A Merry Messy Christmas”? All right, but the main thing is that it should be messy — messy cake; soggy pudding; great big wet kisses under the mistletoe…

Ebeneezer Blackadder: Yes… I fear, Mr Baldrick, that the only way you’re likely to get a big wet kiss at Christmas — or, indeed, any other time — is to make a pass at a water closet. However, be that as it may… [Baldrick gives him the card again] “A Merry Messy Christmas.” ‘Christmas’ as an H in it, Mr Baldrick.

Baldrick: Oh…

Ebeneezer Blackadder: …and an R. Also an I, and an S. Also T and M and A… …and another S. Oh, and you’ve missed out the C at the beginning. Congratulations, Mr Baldrick! Something of a triumph, I think — you must be the first person ever to spell ‘Christmas’ without getting any of the letters right at all.