• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I reckon McCullum’s whole identity is in opposition to the piece of conventional wisdom that says there are good and bad ways to get out. Stokes’s dismissal being not just bad, but irresponsible, reckless, proof that he’s a trash human for not doing his duty and nicking a length ball to the keeper.
Man this takes me back. This was something you were ranting about back circa 09 I reckon

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we did go onto win this Test it’d be one of the most even whitewashes in cricket history

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jonny has taken it to another level, and I was going to say fellow red head, Kyle Verreynne, laid the blueprint at Christchurch but it was Liton Das who was the first punchy wicket keeper to tuck into the New Zealanders this year.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man this takes me back. This was something you were ranting about back circa 09 I reckon
I remember thinking when New Zealand toured under McCullum that we’d learn a lot about what you can get away with. There’d be situations where it bombed and situations where it was shockingly effective. And whoever came next could pick and choose the parts that worked and the game would move on.

Like I’m starting to think that going hard at Southee regardless of the situation is just a good strategy. He doesn’t bowl too many off-target balls but his stock balls are hittable. He struggled in ODIs. It just makes sense. Maybe next NZ series their opponent plays everyone else normally but tries to score 5 an over off Southee.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a precipitous slide this has been from NZ. WTC winners to conceding a virtually run a ball 90 to a n00b number eight and going at over five an over across two tests. Their bowlers have completely pissed away this series.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
What a precipitous slide this has been from NZ. WTC winners to conceding a virtually run a ball 90 to a n00b number eight and going at over five an over across two tests. Their bowlers have completely pissed away this series.
Stop reminding us by rubbing salt into an already gaping wound.
LOL precipitous

Flem274*

123/5
Overton doing a Harbhajan here. This is some 2010 ****.

Fire Gary Stead. Fire Shane Jurgenson for the lack of good bowling plans and general decline of several bowlers since his appointment. If KW was involved in the 3 bowler strategy, strip him of the captaincy.

Flem274*

123/5
Well done Bairstow and England on the repeat of the mad hitting.

Bit of a mercy for NZ that it's stumps and they still have a lead. Though it looks like their problems with the old ball are now not limited to how to take wickets, but also how to react to opposition batsmen on the rampage. Of course they haven't helped themselves with the bowling selection for this test.
We've seen small prequels of this in our Australian tours. Southee and Boult's backup plan to corridor is short balls, which worked when they were 25 but not so much in their early thirties and a little slower.

Australia have tended to hit them off their lengths at home where the grounds support fast scoring and Southee and Boult don't have an answer to it because our bowling coach is a passenger who was invisible in his first stint with the side and he's still invisible now.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
because our bowling coach is a passenger who was invisible in his first stint with the side and he's still invisible now.
Makes me ask the question - why do guys like Jurgenson, who has been a nonentity at best in any of his stints with any team, keep getting gigs?

It's like once a guy becomes a coach teams feel compelled to keep giving them jobs even if their track record is rubbish.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Makes me ask the question - why do guys like Jurgenson, who has been a nonentity at best in any of his stints with any team, keep getting gigs?

It's like once a guy becomes a coach teams feel compelled to keep giving them jobs even if their track record is rubbish.
They probably don't ask for much money and the bean counters at nzc would love that