• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pak have to be very very careful here. They right now possess the one characteristic that usually can mean defeats from unloseable positions. Diffidence.

Kirkut

International Regular
I'll be happy with someone bombing Karachi and home tests moving back to Dubai at this rate. Fmd. The last 2 wickets really shouldn't have gone for that many and there's no way Pakistan can win this. Took something spectacularly awful from PCB for me to not enjoy a home series.
I mean why would they prepare pitches like these?? Shaheen/Hassan/Faheem is a potent attack and Australia are not exactly the best against moving ball.

If I remember clearly, the last time Pakistan lost in Australia was due to their bowlers while the batsmen did well.

Gob

International Coach
I mean why would they prepare pitches like these?? Shaheen/Hassan/Faheem is a potent attack and Australia are not exactly the best against moving ball.

If I remember clearly, the last time Pakistan lost in Australia was due to their bowlers while the batsmen did well.
It doesn't have to be seaming/bouncing though just prepare a wicket that deteriorate as the game progresses and offer turn and bounce to the spinners. Basically a typical subcontinent track. Let's see how this goes from day four onwards

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
It's a historic test series for Pakistan. I'm guessing there's some restrictions for crowd attendance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Could it be a lack of experience by the groundsman in preparing Test pitches, given the amount of time between Tests in the country?
Nah they have been preparing wickets for FC.

I think slow flat tracks and the old Kookaburra are just a brutal combination for any bowling unit to overcome.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could it be a lack of experience by the groundsman in preparing Test pitches, given the amount of time between Tests in the country?
Karachi has generally been flat apparently

Rawalpindi generally has more in it

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nah they have been preparing wickets for FC.
You could argue/suggest that the pressure surrounding producing a good cricket-wicket got to the groundsman in a way that preparing a FC wicket wouldn't. I just wonder with international cricket returning to Pakistan that they went the conservative route of batting tracks rather than risking a 2/2.5 day dust-bowl.

cnerd123

likes this
You could argue/suggest that the pressure surrounding producing a good cricket-wicket got to the groundsman in a way that preparing a FC wicket wouldn't. I just wonder with international cricket returning to Pakistan that they went the conservative route of batting tracks rather than risking a 2/2.5 day dust-bowl.
Dunnow if this is it. Since tours to Pak resume in 2019 the've had 5 Tests (not including this series) with an average RPW of 32. The South Africa tests were relatively low scoring and lasted 9/10 days. BD got stomped and SL had 1 rain affected draw and 1 5-day result.

Seems like they could have just kept producing pitches like those. Feels like they specifically wanted to blunt Australia, perhaps due to lack of confidence in their side being able to win a game if the pitch offered a result. The RPW of this series so far is over 70 lol.