• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez Carey looks a shadow of the player he was at the 2019 WC. This was a great chance for him to play with some freedom but he just looks to laboured.

Would have to think the boot licker will get a run sooner rather than later

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah this is what the people want clearly. 5 days of cricket and big runs. 2.5 wickets per day pshaw.

How the **** did Imran average under 20 at home? The fact that this is usually the spiciest wicket in Pakistan does not bode well for the rest of the series. Karachi and Lahore have historically been.. grim.
You reckon the pitches will be the same?

trundler

You reckon the pitches will be the same?
Karachi has the possibility of being a turner. It turned big last time I think. Some variable bounce too. Lahore, on the other hand, has an average runs per wicket of 35. There hasn't been a home test since 2009 in Lahore though and I'm not sure what it's like except for PSL where it's very high scoring. This test shows historical evidence is nothing to go by and with Hasan Ali and Faheem Ashraf back for the next test we could see better pitches. Don't expect one in Lahore but could get a turner in Karachi.

Burgey

Also, not enough love for rizwan’s catch of smith. That was a quality take.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, not enough love for rizwan’s catch of smith. That was a quality take.
Man's a quality cricketer, pant makes headlines more, cause ya know, man just hits one handed sixes for fun and reverse sweeps one of the best fast bowlers in the world in a test to bring up a 100, but Rizwan has him beat as the best batsmen-keeper in the world cross formats currently.

On another note, drop Carey. Man had an absolute pancake with free reign to do whatever he wanted and did nothing, and his keeping has been average at best. Inglis has shown he's ready for int cricket, give him Pak and the sri Lanka tour.

Daemon

Naseem Shah hasn't covered himself in glory here but imagine if Rauf had played.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Back in the mid 00s when India toured Pak almost every year, Pindi was supposed to be the seamer's haven. Multan Peshawar etc were supposed to turn. Karachi was Mumbai like with a red soil wicket that could be anything but true turn bounce and movement meant runs cud always be scored at a good clip. And Lahore was like Mohali, either very green or very flat and also could vary based on the overhead.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Naseem Shah hasn't covered himself in glory here but imagine if Rauf had played.
From all accounts, he has been the most consistently threatening fast bowler on view this game. He just tends to go for runs as he does not have the control or patience yet to build a spell up.

Daemon

Man's a quality cricketer, pant makes headlines more, cause ya know, man just hits one handed sixes for fun and reverse sweeps one of the best fast bowlers in the world in a test to bring up a 100, but Rizwan has him beat as the best batsmen-keeper in the world cross formats currently.

On another note, drop Carey. Man had an absolute pancake with free reign to do whatever he wanted and did nothing, and his keeping has been average at best. Inglis has shown he's ready for int cricket, give him Pak and the sri Lanka tour.
He's a really good player but I think Pant's record is comfortably superior in Tests and they've both been sorta **** in ODIs. Rizwan's T20 batting is pretty sick though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah I don't think Naseem is ready for test cricket but this game he has not looked out of place with other 4 quicks who are all pretty top class .

He's in that early Sami level right now where you know he has all the skills to succeed at top level but lacks the bowling intelligence to bring everything together it never happened for Sami so there is a chance will not happen for him but I still feel there is a world class potential bowler that Pakistan should not give up on.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He's a really good player but I think Pant's record is comfortably superior in Tests and they've both been sorta **** in ODIs. Rizwan's T20 batting is pretty sick though.
Pant's definitely played better and more defining innings but I wouldn't call him "completely superior." Rizwan made a Clutch 115* vs an SA attack of rabada, nortje, maharaj and linde on a deck with plenty of assistance to the bowlers and took Pak from a questionable spot to a dominate position, made 72 and 61(200) to nearly pull out a back against the wall draw against an nz attack of jamieson-southee-boult-wagner when jamieson was in beast mode in NZ, made 72 out of 236 mostly batting with the tail on an absolute minefield in england vs an attack of broad-jimmy-woakes, and made a 4th innings 95 against Cumm-starc-haze in Australia when starc was at the peak of his powers in the 2019 home summer and haze was just coming into his recent peak.

All of this in a pretty short career, with clutch runs all over the world, and an average of 42+ In Aus, NZ, and ENG. Short career, and no moments as defining as pant's heroics at the back end of the last border gavaskar trophy, but he's still been ****ing good.

Daemon

Pant's definitely played better and more defining innings but I wouldn't call him "completely superior." Rizwan made a Clutch 115* vs an SA attack of rabada, nortje, maharaj and linde on a deck with plenty of assistance to the bowlers and took Pak from a questionable spot to a dominate position, made 72 and 61(200) to nearly pull out a back against the wall draw against an nz attack of jamieson-southee-boult-wagner when jamieson was in beast mode in NZ, made 72 out of 236 mostly batting with the tail on an absolute minefield in england vs an attack of broad-jimmy-woakes, and made a 4th innings 95 against Cumm-starc-haze in Australia when starc was at the peak of his powers in the 2019 home summer and haze was just coming into his recent peak.

All of this in a pretty short career, with clutch runs all over the world, and an average of 42+ In Aus, NZ, and ENG. Short career, and no moments as defining as pant's heroics at the back end of the last border gavaskar trophy, but he's still been ****ing good.
Fair, I think comfortably may not be right word in the sense that there's not some massive gulf between them, but more in the sense that it's a no brainer like Tendulkar > Ponting or something.

smash84

The Tiger King
From all accounts, he has been the most consistently threatening fast bowler on view this game. He just tends to go for runs as he does not have the control or patience yet to build a spell up.
I get the feeling we will be waiting for the control and the patience to materialize all throughout his career.

trundler

I get the feeling we will be waiting for the control and the patience to materialize all throughout his career.
That's because we've been down this road many, many times. I'm still salty about Junaid Khan.