• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green really hasn't taken his ruthless streak from shield to test level yet, if this match was for wa he would have made 130+ EZ. Really needs to work on his sweep shot though, never been particularly good at it, which is weird for a guy his height, KP and Hayden both played it superbly.

Not the first time he's thrown away a start like this on a flat deck after doing all the hard work either.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's pretty clear that Smith's last few years is biting. Really need to get to the ton here for his sake.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, the lack of ability to grind a side in from this aussie unit is a bit irritating. Noene ever makes daddy hundreds when the runs are there for the taking, was a big reason why we lost that series vs India, 3rd and 4th test on flat as **** decks vs a second string attack our entire lineup kept on finding ways to throw away 40-80's without making them bigger 100's.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
There have been so many great tests recently, then this. Was really looking forward to this series. If Australia can score quickly and get a decent lead I wonder if Lyon can do some damage and make things interesting.
so far this test has been about as entertaining to view as staring at the Mona Lisa for 24 hours.
can't see the 5th day changing much unless a George Davis is reborn, and slips in to invade the pitch over night.

morgieb

Also, the lack of ability to grind a side in from this aussie unit is a bit irritating. Noene ever makes daddy hundreds when the runs are there for the taking, was a big reason why we lost that series vs India, 3rd and 4th test on flat as **** decks vs a second string attack our entire lineup kept on finding ways to throw away 40-80's without making them bigger 100's.
Yeah since Smith got Wagner'd that's been a big losing point. Against England it didn't really matter. But here had there not been so many interruptions the game could've looked quite interesting.

Admittedly it might bring Australia's attack into the game but Australia choking so much here makes me feel as if Pakistan will win easy if they can produce a UAE-style road rather than a mega-road (and win the toss). 700+ should've been on the cards.

tony p

State Regular
I know they won't do it, but if i was us, I would have a hit and declare with half a dozen overs to go and open the bowling with Lyon & Marnus, just to see what might happen.?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
so far this test has been about as entertaining to view as staring at the Mona Lisa for 24 hours.
can't see the 5th day changing much unless a George Davis is reborn, and slips in to invade the pitch over night.
What are you on about? Wickets tally has doubled so far here from day 3 (and also from days 1 and 2).

Burgey

I’d be tempted to bat til after lunch tomorrow here and let the bowlers basically have their feet up for the most part. Only four days between tests. It lie they owe Pakistan anything. They went at twos on the best batting days of the test.

trundler

Nah this is what the people want clearly. 5 days of cricket and big runs. 2.5 wickets per day pshaw.

How the **** did Imran average under 20 at home? The fact that this is usually the spiciest wicket in Pakistan does not bode well for the rest of the series. Karachi and Lahore have historically been.. grim.