• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Really, really wierd use of the 5th bowler today. FFS it's day one of the first test, we don't need to use 8 bowling options by the time the 2nd new ball has been taken.

Greens there as a fifth bowler and was great in the ashes, should have bowled 10-15 today.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really, really wierd use of the 5th bowler today. FFS it's day one of the first test, we don't need to use 8 bowling options by the time the 2nd new ball has been taken.

Greens there as a fifth bowler and was great in the ashes, should have bowled 10-15 today.
Nah bowling Head within 20 overs was great.. for us

cnerd123

likes this
I appreciate Australia's attempt at being creative tho. Pak have showed good discipline. It just hasn't quite worked for them today.

90 overs in the day is a solid effort by them too. SL only got in 85.

trundler

Well that wasn't bad. Fully expected the Aus trio to rip us a new one here. I'll take 250/1 with the meat of the batting yet to come with both hands.

Some questionable bowling changes but not a lot Australia's bowlers did wrong. Maybe try bowling 90 mph banana reverse like Shoaib and Waqar. :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
katich quitting his IPL team and then going to Pakistan to commentate. a rare post test career highlight
I mean, he might stay on as a commentator for the IPL too. From what I understand he felt his inputs were not considered at all in the auction and quit. He had also rage quit RCB earlier. Waiting for him to rage quit this commentary stint now. Hopefully does not have Rameez by his collars.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Feels like Lyon always struggles when he's expected to carry a heavy load of overs. Does better when used in rotation with the quicks.
Its almost as if bowlers struggle when they have to play roles they are not usually used to playing, isn't it? Its amazing how this simple thing is so often forgotten when analyzing overseas records of bowlers.

trundler

Babar Azam currently averages 110 at Rawalpindi. Great starts like these usually precede a couple of soft dismissals though. Have hopes for Alam grinding Australia into the dust. You'd expect him of all batsmen in the world to fill his boots on a turny road.

Shady Slim

International Coach
obviously it's an emotional time in the cricket world right now for a number of reasons but might i just add to something on this match - how good's it to see the people of pakistan smiling and happy in the crowd to watch their team on their soil.

don't mean to orientalise or anything but in a country that's been ravaged by domestic strife the way it has, it's great the people have another avenue through which they can come together