• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

nzfan

International Vice-Captain

Chubb

International Regular
"I'd rather the voices I listened to weren't the ones in my head,"
Mark Richardson.

Good if rather disturbing advice for batsmen everywhere.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This looks very close to me

Edit: Wow, surprised it's going over by that much. Shouting at the broadcaster through the stump-mic territory there.

Appalling shot though - I have been happy with a bit of #intent this morning but that was a reverse sweep from middle stump.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good bit of swing bowling from Sipamla. He looks fairly medium pace but does nibble the ball. Main quality seems to be to bowl tight though - doing a vastly better job as third seamer than Stuurman last match.

Meridio

International Regular
Thought Sipamla looked thoroughly average first innings, but second he's been very good. Been accurate and has suddenly started getting a bit of swing, that nobody else has even hinted at really.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Such a shame that we didn't hold on to our catches. 120 to get with 5 in hand would've been such a juicy prospect

Frost

U19 Debutant
Or ...

Blundell has only made test runs this summer is when it didn't matter (Ban 2nd test started his innings of 57* when NZ were 5-423 batting first, SA 1st test started his innings of 96 when NZ were 5-239 in reply to SA 95), and that some knowledgeable commentators (e.g. John Bracewell) think his keeping footwork needs improvement. Like an anti-Watling.
I'm hardly a expert on the intricacies of a wicket keeper and footwork etc, but he's only had 7 matches in his more natural position of 6 or 7 apart from that he's opened or batted 8 so I really can't understand and don't think he's under that much pressure tbh. In saying that if brining Fletcher into the squad gets some good runs out of him then it's a good move.
By your rational everyone can be dropped at anytime, you can skew stats for your argument. Weather he scored runs under pressure or not he still scored them. You can discount those runs but remember that Bangladesh side beat nz. That 96 was against a pretty decent attack on a green pitch.

Bolo.

International Captain
2 test series...

2/0 Whitewash... dismal. They always are.
1/1 ... dismal, cos we need more. This is not a result.
1/0 with weather intervening... dismal. Weather in one game should not shape a series.
1/0 with no weather... pretty much never happens anymore.

Prove me wrong NZ.

vandem

International 12th Man
I'm hardly a expert on the intricacies of a wicket keeper and footwork etc, but he's only had 7 matches in his more natural position of 6 or 7 apart from that he's opened or batted 8 so I really can't understand and don't think he's under that much pressure tbh. In saying that if brining Fletcher into the squad gets some good runs out of him then it's a good move.
By your rational everyone can be dropped at anytime, you can skew stats for your argument. Weather he scored runs under pressure or not he still scored them. You can discount those runs but remember that Bangladesh side beat nz. That 96 was against a pretty decent attack on a green pitch.
Blundell is not under pressure. Yet.

Fletcher is in the squad for injury cover.

About the 96, I was pointing out that this season Blundell (until today) hasn't made runs when it mattered.