• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Meridio

International Regular
He's bowling 5-10kmh slower than he was last year, isn't bowling his outswinger at all (which was his best delivery last season) and has been pitching noticeably shorter as a result. He didn't take 50 wickets at 14 bowling like this.
Yes, and I also feel he's lost his patience. For the first 18 months in the team he just hammered away on a length, would regularly only go at 1-1.5 an over - this summer he's lost that ability, tried too many variations, hasn't bowled enough maidens. At least partly it's because I think he's tinkered with his action so has lost accuracy, but I also think it's been a bit of a mental shift expecting a wicket every ball.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Hoping Tom Latham can bat well and improve on his absolutely miserable average against SA.
His overall average is fattened by his flogging of sub-continental sides at home.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Interesting declaration. Positive move. NZ would have to score at 3.2 RPO which is quite a doable rate. Obviously a lot of runs. But the pitch should hold pretty flat. Dangling the world record carrot as well. The draw now the 3rd most likely result imo.

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yes, and I also feel he's lost his patience. For the first 18 months in the team he just hammered away on a length, would regularly only go at 1-1.5 an over - this summer he's lost that ability, tried too many variations, hasn't bowled enough maidens. At least partly it's because I think he's tinkered with his action so has lost accuracy, but I also think it's been a bit of a mental shift expecting a wicket every ball.
Jamieson is NOT the problem and would walk into ANY side in the world today, or any NZ side in history. The problem is not picking a spinner when you have a good one, not batting your best with a lot of soft dismissals, and SA actually batting well for a change.

Flem274*

123/5
yeah it's been pretty blatant for a couple of years imo that our bowling coach(es) allow issues to drift and spiral. Boult has been on a gentle decline for years with getting progressively more round arm and now Jamieson has lost his outswinger.

players are regressing once they make the national side, which should never happen.

Xix2565

International Regular
Think draw's the 2nd most likely result here. 426 is a big ask for any team and it'd break NZ's best chase by over a hundred runs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think draw's the 2nd most likely result here. 426 is a big ask for any team and it'd break NZ's best chase by over a hundred runs.
True, although we have scored 451, 440 and 431 in (admittedly unsuccessful) fourth innings chases in the past.

cnerd123

likes this
Rabada's innings was a lot of fun. Can't believe he doesn't have a FC 50 yet. Loads of talent.

Verreynne finally coming to the party here, will be huge for SA if he kicks on and become a 30+ average batter for them for a few years.

NZ missing a spinner, at some point 5 variations on RFM will lose it's sting. Pitch was flat and SA were pressure free for the most part.

SA should win this, barring a miracle. Shame that this is just a 2 Test series. 1-1 going into a decider would have been brilliant.

Also the coverage sucks. I'm watching on BT Sport, who are getting their feed straight from Spark, and it keeps dropping or chopping. Commentary hasn't been all that insightful either, feels a lot like watching an Australia test with the old boys bantering rather than providing real insights.

Meridio

International Regular
Um maybe don't throw your hands at one second ball. Two really bad dismissals for Young this test, after making a good fist of opening in his first handful of games.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
ESPN lost coverage. Looks like all the illegal streams were going off that as they have no coverage as well.