• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes excellent hundred. I know some of the SA fans aren't keen on Verreynne and I don't like that little half-forward prod/fiddle he regularly plays outside offstump either, but other than that it's been a very good innings.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
the draw is now back in play...bigtime
Yup can't rule that out... looks very unlikely other than South Africa win but there is a serious chance our guys could do Matthews/Mendis act from few years ago where not a single wicket fell on the last day of the match.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Us being good actually ended with the WTC right? 3 of 6 tests since we have been absolutely pathetic.
Not necessarily. If KW's elbow comes right and KJ can get himself back to where he was last season, there's still plenty of quality in the XI and immediately outside it, even after the inevitable Wagner and CdG retirements coming in the next 12 months.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, never mind the bowler of 12 months ago, KJ looks a shadow of the bowler who first came into the side in 2020.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez our fielding has been all over the place this test. Catching blinders, dropping sitters.
Definitely the worst NZ fielding effort I can recall in years. Is that the 6th dropped chance in this test? If NZ had taken their opportunities after SA were 199/3, there's a good chance that they'd have finished the day 240/6 or 7, and failed to make 300 in the first dig.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
yes, achievable chance at first ever test series win over South Africa >>>>>>>>>>>> tiny chance of winning this match and still barely staying in the race for WTC final
yeah its still very important to win the series.
hope the black caps think the same, because I've absolutely loaded up at 8/1 on the draw.