• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Moss

International Vice-Captain
So drop the guy after his wife gives birth or drop the guy who took 9 wickets. Which is more horrible?
I’d say play Henry, he’s the form bowler and it’s a good chance to see how he goes in consecutive tests in red-ball. Boult anyway shouldn’t complain having been unavailable for 50 percent of the tests this season. If both are fit, may actually be a close call on who makes the starting XI in England.

Flem274*

123/5
Do we have more Shield games this summer? Really want Ravindra to get some games. He is so important for team balance in future, and if he is ready to open in England we can shuffle everyone to their favorite positions.

Latham
Ravindra
Williamson
Conway
Young
Nicholls
Blundell (wk)
Jamieson
Southee
Wagner
Boult

With Ajaz replacing the least good quick if needed.

nzfan

Boult has terrific record at Hagley. A left armer that swings and seams will add to more headache for South Africa. That said I can't see how you can drop anyone from the side. Though luck Trent, he's not the first choice for this test match. No way Southee will sit out. I feel they'll rest Kyle too accommodate Trent.

nzfan

I'd go unchanged for the next test match although having a left arm swing bowler is very tempting.

nzfan

Do we have more Shield games this summer? Really want Ravindra to get some games. He is so important for team balance in future, and if he is ready to open in England we can shuffle everyone to their favorite positions.

Latham
Ravindra
Williamson
Conway
Young
Nicholls
Blundell (wk)
Jamieson
Southee
Wagner
Boult

With Ajaz replacing the least good quick if needed.
Plenty of first class still remaining I think. About 4 of them but chances are first choice black caps will be let go to IPL and likely Ravindra, Ajaz etc will get a go at white ball cricket vs the Dutch.

nzfan

South Africa surprised me. I didn't think they were all bad as they turned out. I guess the bowlers not having any rhythm can be put down to limited training prior test and MIQ.

Batting was supposed to be a low key but not this low key. Probably used to quicker wickets in South Africa and not used to the sticky nature of our decks. I don't think the batters can make much changes and don't expect them to fire big time next year match. The bowling will definitely get better.

I think the catching is probably the one that let them down real bad. Who knows if they caught Latham and Nicholls early on the bowlers would have got the straps better.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Firdose Moonda won’t shut up about Ryan Rickleton’s first class average, so that’s one change they could conceivably make to bolster the batting- though a tour of NZ isn’t a great place for a youngster to make their test debut.

Chrish

International Debutant
Off topic but why the **** Australia is not touring NZ? Seems like it has been years and I am not even seeing any test tour scheduled all the way till 2023..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Probably down to the NZC prioritising annual (or near annual) limited overs tours over 4-yearly test series.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay which other Kiwi cynics out there expect South Africa to do some soul searching, get some outdoor practice under their belts, and then do us in the next Test to deny us this elusive Test series win against them?

Frost

U19 Debutant
Okay which other Kiwi cynics out there expect South Africa to do some soul searching, get some outdoor practice under their belts, and then do us in the next Test to deny us this elusive Test series win against them?
They would need to find a whole new batting line up first. I expect the bowlers to be much better though, looking back we could of kept them bowling a bit longer.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, that was a terribad effort. Definitely expect them to be more competitive in the 2nd test, and if Ngidi comes back into the XI that'll definitely give our batsmen something more to think about, but SA's batting looked so short of the mark that I kinda struggle to see how they're gonna get enough runs to give their bowlers a chance.

Frost

U19 Debutant
3 pretty decent options for the all rounder spot(4 if you include neesham) I honestly can't pick who's best going foward. Rachin I think at least you get a spin option.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not me. We're a better side. Much better side. I just don't see where their runs are going to come from. And their bowling isn't particular that much chop, either. I don't expect them to field that poorly again and they will improve, but I don't expect them to cover the innings and 276 run difference.

Athlai

Not Terrible
SA have some very handy bowlers. Anything is possible next game though obviously we're heavy favourites.