• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Xix2565

International Regular
NZ v India in SL would be spicy. It's by far the most pace friendly Asian nation. Both sets of batsmen might leave that series a touch sad.
Tbf SL have actually moved away from being pace friendly nowadays on the whole. Best place to bowl as a pacer in Asia is India these past few years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just think this test also shows how important new KP and Ngidi were in the India series for RSA. I felt Ngidi was the difference between the two sides and its no big shock they were outplayed without these two who were the most important players from the previous series for mine.

Doesn't mean they wud have won or anything but they certainly would have done far better with them IMO.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never (or seldom) seen a player who stays as leg side as Verreyenne does. Hell of a first class record for someone who seemingly bats like he does (no matter how strong or not the SA domestic comp is). Looks like a walking slip cordon feeder

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I still rate Elgar, Markram and Bavuma but who would come in for Rassie and/or Hamza?
Ryan Rickelton averages 52 in 1st class and 48 in List A. Apparently has been in good form too. Also Mulder the allrounder has a good rep, but has really struggled at test level with the bat.

Shame the pitches are so anti-spin as I rate Maharaj and would like to see Harmer.

Meridio

International Regular
Apologies for that. To bring it back to the next Test, any changes people expect to see or is it just running it back again?
I guess whether or not Boult is available is the only real question for NZ. Can't see Ravindra coming in unless someone drops grass killer all over the pitch.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone laugh at Flem for rating Aidan "HUURRRRRR I LIKE BACK FOOT DURRR PUNCH DURRR HURRRRR PUT ME AT 6 DURRR" Markram

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
He took 12 wickets in two Tests at 25 over there last time around, then got ridiculously dropped - presumably because we hadn't noticed closely enough that he'd already morphed into a world class bowler.

I completely agree with Athlai. 10 years of dominance should be qualification enough as 'ATG' or whatever title you want to give it. So often, there's a denial that someone is world class because their stats are skewed by performances as a young cricketer, or a slow patch when they started, or whatever else. Anderson is a perfect example. Southee might be too.
Spot on. Bar Anderson, which bowler in the world of that type (swing predominantly, mid 135kph's) is as good as Southee and been as consistent. I'm not including Dale Steyn for obvious reasons. His bowling IQ continues to grow and it's amazing to see him operate. His performance against SA (yeah we know, SA were complete garbage) is something we've almost become used to, THATS how good he is. .

Bahseph

International Debutant
Well done to NZ. Clinical win. I haven't seen an SA side look this helpless bar a few maulings in India. The hope is that they compete in the second Test,but even then it's up to the bowlers because I can't see the batting being able to get 350+.