• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

ma1978

International Debutant
This is a sneaky good SA team - strong gun bowling, good all rounder and three or four serious bats

India are the clear underdogs

And I am not Gambhiring

Heboric

International Debutant
This is a sneaky good SA team - strong gun bowling, good all rounder and three or four serious bats

India are the clear underdogs

And I am not Gambhiring
Nah not underdogs at all. As a Protea supporter I am a bit nervous

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
The BCCI has taken guarantee from Cricket South Africa that team India will leave South Africa immediately in case COVID19 situation worsens.

sunilz

International Regular
The BCCI has taken guarantee from Cricket South Africa that team India will leave South Africa immediately in case COVID19 situation worsens.
Which is perfectly understandable. Even if 1 player gets affected entire squad comes in danger because how rapidly Omicron spreads.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
They didn't want a repeat of the messy situation that transpired in England before 5th Test. Its better to have these guarantees in place.

And I guess we should partly be prepared for India leaving South Africa after the 1st or 2nd Test, or it could even happen in the next couple of days ... you never know

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Don't think situation is too bad. If they all follow protocols well & Bio secure is strict enough series should happen smoothly. India hosted England in somewhat more dire situation in January Feb this year & cases were daily rising. Pune ODIs had no business to happen as cases were sky rocketing but they did... So it's upto players & board how they handle things over there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think the bio bubbles will hold as it is only 2 teams. IPL was in issue given sheer number of teams and venues involved. This time should be ok and it seems the numbers have started to fall now having already peaked. Also, at least in RSA, it seems Omicron has been pretty mild compared to Delta.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Don't think situation is too bad. If they all follow protocols well & Bio secure is strict enough series should happen smoothly.
Apart from the first one against England, South Africa's got a good track record when it comes to setting up bubbles, so there shouldn't be any problems.

And the article I read was more about India being guaranteed that they'd be able to return home even if borders were closed, so I think this story might be more about reporting on the plans for a worst case scenario rather than suggesting that it's something which could happen.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Apart from the first one against England, South Africa's got a good track record when it comes to setting up bubbles, so there shouldn't be any problems.

And the article I read was more about India being guaranteed that they'd be able to return home even if borders were closed, so I think this story might be more about reporting on the plans for a worst case scenario rather than suggesting that it's something which could happen.
Yeah this is actually what article suggested. I also expect series to happen without any issues but it's good to have contingency plans just in case.

sunilz

International Regular
If the pitch is green mamba , how would this team perform?

Rahul
Mayank
Pujara
Kohli
Vihari
Pant
Shardul
Deepak Chahar
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

sunilz

International Regular
On green Mamba won't play either tbh. And I am expecting atleast 2 green mamba in 3 Test.

Xix2565

International Regular
I personally would be wary of comparing Shardul and Deepak now to 2018 Bhuvi and Hardik (who we both played in the one Test we won then at Johannesburg). I mean how good is Deepak anyway in red ball cricket?