• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Shri

Mr. Glass
Virat Kohli on ODI: I am available for selection for ODI series. As far as I am concered, I was always available.

Virat Kohli: Earlier, it was said that I was at some event, which was not true. All those who are writing and their sources are not credible.

Virat Kohli: At the end of the selection call, I was told I won't be the captain and I said okay. After the meeting we had a brief chat and that's it. I was not communicated at all.

Virat Kohi: We all know Jadeja's quality and he will be missed. But we have enough bench strength. As much as we will miss him, I am sure that will not be a deciding factor.

Virat Kohli: I have always taken pride in leading India.

Virat Kohli: We will do our best to win in South Africa. South Africa was the start for us to start believing in that we can win overseas followed by Australia and England. We are well placed and experienced to go and win a series in South Africa.

Virat Kohli: I will continue to be the man who pushes the team to do well in ODIs and T20Is.

Virat Kohli: Mere aur Rohit k beech mein kuch nahi hai. Mai 2.5 saal se yahi bol raha hu. Mai thak chuka hu bol bol ke. Mai jo bhi chahunga ya karunga wo team ko neeche karne ke liye nahi hoga. Mere aur Rohit k beech koi problem nahi hai.

Translation - There's nothing between me and Rohit. I've been saying this for 2.5 years. At this point, I'm tired of saying it. Whatever I will want or do will never be in detriment for the team. There's no problem between me and Rohit.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Virat Kohli (on removing him from ODI captaincy) said, "obviously we haven’t won an ICC tournament. I understand the logic behind why they took that decision".

Dendarii

International Debutant
He has played no cricket since that. Not a second of white ball or 4 day cricket.
Not quite - he played an ODI and two T20s against Ireland, but that was right after the West Indies. Since then he's only played in the two warm-up games ahead of the T20 World Cup, but that still means that he's very short on game time in any format.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Not quite - he played an ODI and two T20s against Ireland, but that was right after the West Indies. Since then he's only played in the two warm-up games ahead of the T20 World Cup, but that still means that he's very short on game time in any format.
I considered the west indies/Ireland as one tour.

sunilz

International Regular
IND would have new Test Captain soon if they lose SA series . Kohli was removed from ODI/T20 captaincy after complaint by Indian cricketers. BCCI won't take it lying down after today's press conference

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
IND would have new Test Captain soon if they lose SA series . Kohli was removed from ODI/T20 captaincy after complaint by Indian cricketers. BCCI won't take it lying down after today's press conference
Nah India have had the test mace for 5 years straight and made WTC finals, Kohli deserves to be test captain till he chooses otherwise.

sunilz

International Regular
Nah India have had the test mace for 5 years straight and made WTC finals, Kohli deserves to be test captain till he chooses otherwise.
Kohli is not powerful enough to take on BCCI. He indirectly called Ganguly a liar in press conference. When the matter is there are many Indian cricketers who don't like Kohli and want him to be gone.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
who has complained about him?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Series win won't be easy. Although I think we have a good shot at Centurion as it may not be a green top like last time. Siraj Shami & Bumrah have to play.. Ash as sole spinner. 4 bowlers & 7 batters can do the job.

Mayank
KL
Pujara
Kohli
Vihari
Iyer
Pant
Ashwin
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Maharaj and linde can't bowl lolz? olivier and ngidi swing the ball.
Olivier is a threat but he is definitely no Southee or Anderson who are genuine swing bowlers. Olivier is almost like Jamieson who is even more dangerous.
Maharaj linde aren't the kind of spinners who can trouble Indians. I doubt except Centurion Maharaj will play anywhere else.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Series win won't be easy. Although I think we have a good shot at Centurion as it may not be a green top like last time. Siraj Shami & Bumrah have to play.. Ash as sole spinner. 4 bowlers & 7 batters can do the job.

Mayank
KL
Pujara
Kohli
Vihari
Iyer
Pant
Ashwin
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah
Just Jaddu for Vihari there would have been great, but this is the best team that can be put on the park. Waiting to see Siraj Bumrah and Shami tearing it up on SA pitches.