• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
A performance of 7/50 is much better than 10/119 because former means that you have probably rolled the opposition over while the latter suggests you have conceded quite a bit as a player and as a team as well.

However, its a special achievement so should have got a MOTM award.

Just random thought, What would be more special 5 wickets in 5 balls or a 10-fer or 2 hat tricks in a match by an individual?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL Sanity you sound like a funny guy.
as it happens NZ are the ONLY world champions ever, and there is nothing fake about it.
even in this series, their schedule was overwhelmingly exhausting, and they were missing key players,
and even then they still managed to show great character and fight out a draw.
In recent times the following has happened.

1, India were smashed in the test series and ODI's by NZ less than 2 years ago.
2. India were knocked out of the semi final by NZ in the world cup.
3. India were crushed by 8 wickets on a neutral venue by NZ in the test championship final.
4. India were smashed and knocked out of the 20/20 world cup by NZ last month.
5. India were denied a win by NZ last week, from a team with about as much energy left as my 99 year old grandmother.

Now come on Sanity, you couldn't possibly deny that at the moment the blackcaps completely have the wood over India
both mentally and on the cricket field?
Ash for the cash here. Stocks in OS Precam Ltd, which were already trading at a disastrous level, have really hit the floor now.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
LOL Sanity you sound like a funny guy.
as it happens NZ are the ONLY world champions ever, and there is nothing fake about it.
even in this series, their schedule was overwhelmingly exhausting, and they were missing key players,
and even then they still managed to show great character and fight out a draw.
In recent times the following has happened.

1, India were smashed in the test series and ODI's by NZ less than 2 years ago.
2. India were knocked out of the semi final by NZ in the world cup.
3. India were crushed by 8 wickets on a neutral venue by NZ in the test championship final.
4. India were smashed and knocked out of the 20/20 world cup by NZ last month.
5. India were denied a win by NZ last week, from a team with about as much energy left as my 99 year old grandmother.

Now come on Sanity, you couldn't possibly deny that at the moment the blackcaps completely have the wood over India
both mentally and on the cricket field?
he's being partially sarcastic.

jcas0167

International Debutant
or even more importantly not being able to spot the potential that is really there.
Hard to believe. He had a former test player comparing him to Graeme Pollock when he was 19 and predicting he would be in the test team within a year or so.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Mate a bloke took ten wickets in an innings. There's no argument to be had here, surely.
it's a feat that deserves a lifetime achievement award so if there's something like that in the works then it's probably okay if he doesn't get the motm award.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
That's it for Somerville. Feel sorry for him - he's definitely far better than his horrific tour would suggest.
I feel the same. And like I said earlier, unless you are experienced enough, just bowl tight lines and let the pitch do the rest in SC conditions. Somerville seemed so confused.

Flem274*

123/5
Well played by India. Better side through this game. A depleted NZ can shrug off England but Indias spinners at home were going to be a bit much without a full squad.

Guys who were thought to be domestic top guys (Ajaz, Mitchell) but maybe not more doing so well recently makes me optimistic. We just need more tours to India.

A shame theres no 3rd test. Maybe NZ would have been well beaten, but these sides deserve a real chance at redemption in each others backyards.

jcas0167

International Debutant
You can't have a more unique achievement. Something is either unique or it isn't.

Anyway, I really don't have a dog in the fight - ot osn't like my side was playing - but as a cricket supporter if a bloke takes 10 fer in an innings he's a cert for MOTM. Only an environment where there would be a stack of illegal betting on the award would this outcome have come about. Sad.

Sad for cricket. Sad for world sport. Someone has made a fortune betting on that award.
The fact NZ suffered a record loss no doubt hurt Patel's chances. In terms of influence of the performance on the outcome, scoring 150 in a first innings of 325 was a key part of setting up the win.

On the other hand, the freakish historic nature of Patel's achievement was the most memorable feature of this game. I would have gone with that for MotM, but am not too aggrieved by the decision.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The fact NZ suffered a record loss no doubt hurt Patel's chances. In terms of influence of the performance on the outcome, scoring 150 in a first innings of 325 was a key part of setting up the win.

On the other hand, the freakish historic nature of Patel's achievement was the most memorable feature of this game. I would have gone with that for MotM, but am not too aggrieved by the decision.
Yeah agreed, it's not something fans should lose too much sleep over, though would have liked the adjudicators to have thought about the achievement itself in its larger historical context.

Unfortunately the tag that will accompany this performance forever is "NZ were utterly thrashed". Would hope that Ajaz has a reasonable test career and isn't destined to be remembered as a one-test wonder (which he isn't anyway, given he had a decent body of work in the SC prior to this).

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
The shadow or bad part of the tenfer is that we will pick jazz now in all conditions in every test including at home where our formula has been 4 quicks recently

Athlai

Not Terrible
The shadow or bad part of the tenfer is that we will pick jazz now in all conditions in every test including at home where our formula has been 4 quicks recently
We still might not imo, but it's definitely an argument now. Could see him play in Hamilton New Plymouth and Dunedin