• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Great effort from Mr. Patel against the best team in the world!

Shame its just a 2-test series though. Would have loved to watch more of this amazing New-Zealand side's journey on shores far away from home.
surely you wouldn't have wanted to see more?
who wants to watch a totally deflated team that hasn't been able to sit down and take a breath for over 6 weeks?
a team thats totally exhausted, missing 3 of its best players, and just wanting to get home for Christmas
isn't a team i'd have too much interest watching. 2 test series was 2 too many given the crazy schedule.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
surely you wouldn't have wanted to see more?
who wants to watch a totally deflated team that hasn't been able to sit down and take a breath for over 6 weeks?
a team thats totally exhausted, missing 3 of its best players, and just wanting to get home for Christmas
isn't a team i'd have too much interest watching. 2 test series was 2 too many given the crazy schedule.
as for the best team in the world, they may well be, but given NZ just thrashed India by 8 wickets in the world championship
final in neutral conditions, it's hard to say they weren't deserved first time title holders.
even more so when you consider the population of 990 billion players to choose, compared to a few hundred.

sunilz

International Regular
as for the best team in the world, they may well be, but given NZ just thrashed India by 8 wickets in the world championship
final in neutral conditions, it's hard to say they weren't deserved first time title holders.
even more so when you consider the population of 990 billion players to choose, compared to a few hundred.
Why are you so wound up ? Win or loss are part of the game. Is anyone on this forum mocking NZ ? If you are upset with your teams performance then please don't post.
Your posting style will lead to unnecessary fight.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I would be interested to know if planet earth has actually occupied those many homo sapiens since their evolution.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
true, but at least they played on pitches where you could play cricket.
Its not our fault that we are so much superior compared to the persistent mediocrity dished out by touring teams here. Its on the tourists to learn to bat and bowl properly and adjust to conditions away from home. When your entire team is blown away for 62 and the opposition is 69/0 in the exact same conditions, the problem isn't the pitch, it's clearly you.

The last time a team on our shore showed the correct skills, courage and respect for the game was Australia in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2017; led by the cheat Steve Smith. As a result, after 3 tests and two innings, the series hung on a knife's edge with Australia maybe even slightly ahead. Both teams had to dig deep and find the reserves to fight back as the momentum kept on shifting in every session after the first test.

We only don't remember that series as a classic because of Australia's hilarious collapse in the very next innings, but that series proves that there is nothing inherently wrong with Indian conditions which offer a great variety of assistance to all kinds of bowlers and success to the pedigreed touring batsman. Its just that India is an ATG side in the making and to compete here, you have to have multi-dimensional players capable of performing in conditions away from home and possibly have at least one ATG in the team like Australia had in the 'No.2 ranked' best batsman in the world - Steven Smith.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are you so wound up ? Win or loss are part of the game. Is anyone on this forum mocking NZ ? If you are upset with your teams performance then please don't post.
Your posting style will lead to unnecessary fight.
no way what are you talking about fight?
there's no time or place for that.
and there's certainly no being wound up, disappointed with the performance but well over that before they called stumps!
crickets a great game to call it as you see it, there's no mocking of anyone whatsoever, just mere opinion of facts,
and there's plenty of them in this wonderful game of cricket to debate!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
62 is the lowest of all time in India? That surprises me.

Most disappointing part is that the main damage wasn't done by spin.

If this tour does anything, it needs to highlight the importance of selection. I'm not in the camp of these other posters, but a completely stale Somerville over Wagner - the 2nd Test omission was the most shocking - was the wrong call. This is also the same establishment that played Todd Astle in a Test in Sydney and took him on a World T20 tour that he was never going to feature in, didn't take Mark Chapman to Bangladesh before that World T20 which was criminal, and others I'm sure I'm missing.

We're now facing a situation where Ross Taylor's future needs to be dealt with effectively, although that might depend somewhat on the way he sees it himself. Henry Nicholls' spot should be up for grabs if he can't score runs at home this summer. How do we manage an XI that could feature Wagner Southee Boult Jamieson and Patel? Patel needs to be a lock in our XI if we want him to continue his rise as a Test bowler.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Also shows India were wrong to leave out Siraj in the first test. The dude breathes fire - tell him someone called his mother a whore or something before he goes out to bowl.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
62 is the lowest of all time in India? That surprises me.

Most disappointing part is that the main damage wasn't done by spin.

If this tour does anything, it needs to highlight the importance of selection. I'm not in the camp of these other posters, but a completely stale Somerville over Wagner - the 2nd Test omission was the most shocking - was the wrong call. This is also the same establishment that played Todd Astle in a Test in Sydney and took him on a World T20 tour that he was never going to feature in, didn't take Mark Chapman to Bangladesh before that World T20 which was criminal, and others I'm sure I'm missing.

We're now facing a situation where Ross Taylor's future needs to be dealt with effectively, although that might depend somewhat on the way he sees it himself. Henry Nicholls' spot should be up for grabs if he can't score runs at home this summer. How do we manage an XI that could feature Wagner Southee Boult Jamieson and Patel? Patel needs to be a lock in our XI if we want him to continue his rise as a Test bowler.
indeed Ajaz needs to be a lock if we are to continue his rise. In fact it's not too hard to now see him playing every test in the near future, except
for the occasional green top where spin will likely not take too much effect.
As for Ross, it will come down to how he sees his career panning out. For a player who has scored so many runs over such a long period of time,
continuing to average in the mid forties, the selectors will find it hard to give him the axe.
Have already said enough about the non selection of Wagner, in my mind this is one of the most puzzling omissions I've ever encountered,
and to make it worse, we got it totally wrong not once but twice.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Its not our fault that we are so much superior compared to the persistent mediocrity dished out by touring teams here. Its on the tourists to learn to bat and bowl properly and adjust to conditions away from home. When your entire team is blown away for 62 and the opposition is 69/0 in the exact same conditions, the problem isn't the pitch, it's clearly you.

The last time a team on our shore showed the correct skills, courage and respect for the game was Australia in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2017; led by the cheat Steve Smith. As a result, after 3 tests and two innings, the series hung on a knife's edge with Australia maybe even slightly ahead. Both teams had to dig deep and find the reserves to fight back as the momentum kept on shifting in every session after the first test.

We only don't remember that series as a classic because of Australia's hilarious collapse in the very next innings, but that series proves that there is nothing inherently wrong with Indian conditions which offer a great variety of assistance to all kinds of bowlers and success to the pedigreed touring batsman. Its just that India is an ATG side in the making and to compete here, you have to have multi-dimensional players capable of performing in conditions away from home and possibly have at least one ATG in the team like Australia had in the 'No.2 ranked' best batsman in the world - Steven Smith.
Kilowatt what you say is mostly true but I will say it again.....
how can you possibly say ''there is nothing inherently'' wrong with Indian conditions.
having only joined this site just over a week ago, it appears i'm already running out of juice.
why is it that so many people who read this forum have a tendency to hide from the truth.
why is it people don't seem to talk about the real issue at hand?
please address the matter, and explain how those conditions played against England earlier this year have anything whatsoever to do with cricket.
explain how you think the ball grubbering along the ground in the first test plays its role in test cricket.
its all very well to pretend everything is alright, but it's not, so please focus on the direct points, not start thinking there are any personal
issues at hand. My opinion on this matter isn't suddenly made up because of a weak NZ performance on this tour, anybody who seriously
knows anything about cricket knew this would happen, but on a much larger picture.
please, again I beg you to address the direct points and not deviate around them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha. This site is several decades old now. This argument has occurred no less than a hundred times. I recommend using the search function. We have all participated. Now it's just funny everytime it happens.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wish india had enforced the follow on. Patel getting MOTM in a side beaten by an innings would have been next level.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha yea, this would have been a perfect time for the follow on. Everyone was fresh - the seamers had only bowled 9 overs total.