• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Flem274*

123/5
all right, let's see if nz can snag a podium here which would be a solid achievement given this is not the strongest team we've ever fielded.

tim price is ridiculously good, so he's a decent chance of an individual medal.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Your inferences from this statement are your own.
Probably just explains why teams have caught up to Team GB. Our cycling success has clearly only ever been from marginal gains and that there's no clouds hanging over British cycling at all.

Flem274*

123/5
germany messing up so hard is such a major boon to nz, but ruins any serious challenge to the poms

speaking of which, a few new names to me in the 4-5 years ive not followed this sport. wonder when the poms cleaned house.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sifan Hassan taking on one of her many dreaded foes in Hellen Obiri this afternoon in the 5k. Having booked a final slot in the 1500m earlier this morning. I hope for Kenya's sake she doesn't win.

Kenya's men's steeplechase dominance also on the line, and we have gone back to the tradition of trusting fresh blood to protect the legacy.

Flem274*

123/5
townend will have to royally choke for the poms to miss out on gold here but i hope he does. can't have the poms and france thinking they're actually better than the southern hemisphere at eventing. would be happy for australia to snaffle team gold. they have a very good team, better than ours right now.

germany are the best team in the world thanks to having the GOAT michael jung and some solid riders but they've stuffed this up.

nz have gone from probably #2 in the world a decade ago to #4 at best and closer to #5 than #3.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Get ****ed. Andrew Hoy in his 8th Olympics. I don't know if this says good things or bad things about horsing being an event.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to say, of all the ridiculous things I've seen at this Olympics, nothing tops the cyclist's handlebars snapping off.

Flem274*

123/5
Get ****ed. Andrew Hoy in his 8th Olympics. I don't know if this says good things or bad things about horsing being an event.
hobbs or some other old english **** was still playing test cricket at 50. if you're still good enough, it works, especially in a semi-professional sport.

this is somewhat anecdotal since i don't have stats on hand but like most things the best riders are the ones who were in the saddle before they were 5 years old (as toddlers even) and got as good as possible before they were 30. it's a very strong trend in anecdotes from horse sport olympians about how they started - they were riding as soon as they could stand up.

looking around the amatuer scene, people tend to drop off quite drastically in their 40s and 50s unless they're already quite good.

i've run too many half marathons and **** to say the fitness compares because running is literally the most boring activity in the world so it hurts way more, but riding one horse as a hobbyist is very physical if you're actually training yourself and Andrew Hoy would be riding 10+ horses every day at home. **** that tbh.

I've still got a dodgy something in the back of my foot because i struggled to distribute my weight evenly when jumping and put something loose over time, and it sucks when running.

i'll put it cruder - have you ever been ****ed by a horse girl who competes?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want bare back horse archery to be included in the Olympics. It's supposed to be the most difficult art to master and if you're not constantly practising you lose your skills.

The reasons the Huns/ Avars/ Mongols were so dangerous was that they were practising horse archery from childhood.