• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your ALL TIME WORLD XI TEAM for tests?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why though? Take the moral high ground

Anyway facts time

England top ten batsman from 90s

View attachment 27997

Bangladesh top ten batsmen from 00s

View attachment 27998

Now I'm not saying England were good they were mediocre but I'd still back them over that Bangladesh lot against spin, pace, beach cricket and any other form of batsmanship which includes hitting a ball with a bat

Haha, yes, when I say they sucked against spin, bring up overall records.

England in the 90s averaged something like 26 in India and simply sucked against spin. Bangladesh in the 00s were hapless, but were still better at playing spin and that was shown by how they smashed Warne around in the series he played in. That is just a fact. AFAIC, 90s England were worse at playing spin than 2000s Bangladesh was. And if you can filter the stats, you will see it is true.

Definitely not the case haha. The average cricket fan in Australia is much more stridently anti-Murali than the CW contingent.
A high praise for the CW contingent, I am sure. :p

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

England in the 90s averaged something like 26 in India and simply sucked against spin. Bangladesh in the 00s were hapless, but were still better at playing spin and that was shown by how the smashed Warne around in the series he played in. That is just a fact. AFAIC, 90s England were worse at playing spin than 2000s Bangladesh was. And if you can filter the stats, you will see it is true.
@harsh.ag am I allowed to respond to all the falsity in this post or is that bad for forum atmosphere?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you want to make it official policy to disallow responding to "stupid, wrong, biased" posts then that is very interesting, to say the least

also shows your own bias in blaming me rather than the people (usually the same people too) who make said posts to begin with
I don't want to make any policy. I'm not blaming you. But it would be better for everyone if you didn't take such a hard line against stupid posts. That's all. Take it for what it is.

TheJediBrah

I don't want to make any policy. I'm not blaming you. But it would be better for everyone if you didn't take such a hard line against stupid posts. That's all. Take it for what it is.
I have been more ****y than usual last few days. Been very quiet at work and trying to pass the time. Going on holiday next week though so should leave you ****ers alone more than usual

Burgey

hobbs
hutton
bradman
tendulkar
smith
sobers
gilchrist
imran
hadlee
marshall
warne
Replace warne with McGrath. Truly great sides don’t need a front line spinner at all. Sobers can bowl the boring overs in between the real bowlers getting it done

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Gavaskar
Hobbs
Bradman
Richards
Tendulkar
Sobers
Knott
Marshall
Lillee
Trueman
Murali

It would be impossible not to pick Gilchrist for an actual match, but Knott is still the best keeper and a decent keeper/batsman.

Gob

International Coach
I don't need to bring up Tendulkar's record against spin to justify that he is better player against spin compared to Greame Smith

But if you think Khalid Masood, Javed Omar and Rajin Saleh were better players of spin to Graham Gooch, Graham Thorpe and Mike Atherton then, go on

trundler

Bedser, Laker, Trueman.. All were taking 4+ wpm
Bedser bowled more overs per match than Warne. Often had the keeper standing up to the stumps I believe. Not exactly a fair comparison. Laker was a spinner so there's that. Trueman stands out of course and his strike rate is truly exceptional but then he was the GOAT pacer when he retired. That era was undeniably grim in terms of scoring rates though.

Gob

International Coach
Top 7 bowler, Top 6 pacer. You can have him higher.. I think my ranking is pretty reasonable.

Akram
Marshall
Hadlee
Murali
Steyn
Lillee
Mcgrath
Warne
If WPM is that important, how come you have Wasim as the greatest ever bowler? His WPM was below 4

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Replace warne with McGrath. Truly great sides don’t need a front line spinner at all. Sobers can bowl the boring overs in between the real bowlers getting it done
I find it a disservice to paying spectators and general cricket viewers to have to go through the pain to watch some one running in to bowl 10 overs an hour ,risking a potential ban to his captain due to filthy over-rates and trundling off with some injury when the team needs him the most.

#4FingerSpinners

Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman
Tendulkar
Viv
Sobers
Gilchrist
Shakib
Jadeja
Ashwin
Murali

SillyCowCorner1

I wanna add van der Dussen because I know he’s gonna be the best ever to play the game.

on current form, Jayawickrama

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Bedser bowled more overs per match than Warne. Often had the keeper standing up to the stumps I believe. Not exactly a fair comparison. Laker was a spinner so there's that. Trueman stands out of course and his strike rate is truly exceptional but then he was the GOAT pacer when he retired. That era was undeniably grim in terms of scoring rates though.
Laker was a spinner, his SR 57.9
Miller 61.5

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
If WPM is that important, how come you have Wasim as the greatest ever bowler? His WPM was below 4
Wicket per innings

Akram 2.29, played 18 years

Mcgrath 2.32, played 15 years
( Akram's WPI was 2.4 after first 15 yrs)

Ambrose 2.26, played 13 years
( Akram's WPI first 13 yrs - 2.5 )